Let's talk about watches...

One of my other loves is Swiss watches. I happen to wear and retail ORIS watches www.friendsoforis.com but that is beside the point.

As discering cigar chomping cablleros.....what is on your wrist?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

I like cool watches too! I used to wear a Rolex Explorer II, but it was too heavy and bulky (like handcuffs) and I didn't like that selfwinding feature because the watch would stop running if you don't either wear it or shake it every couple of days. It also wasn't very accurate.

I recently got a two-tone Breitling Aerospace and I really like it.

» One of my other loves is Swiss watches. I happen to wear and retail ORIS

» watches www.friendsoforis.com but that is beside the point.

»

» As discering cigar chomping cablleros.....what is on your wrist?

One of my many weaknesses are good timepieces. On my last holiday, ended up in Barbados where there were some good selections available. I bought myself a nice Longines watch, only to find out my (champion) uncle who had left for home in Vancouver had bought me a Tissot touch screen watch!:ok:

Suffice to say if if I was on Rob or Ken's earning bracket I might be tempted to buy something else (Piaget was another nice option) but pretty happy with the ones I've got.

Cheap piece of crap Timex Expedition. With all the money I have spent on cigars that's the best I could do.;-)

If I had a nice watch I'd lose the thing.

• Like 1

I also had a Sea Dweller a long time ago, very cool watch. I remember it had this little helium escape valve on the side of the case, and was really thick and bulky. The jeweler told me this model didn't come with a magnifier over the date because it was made to go so deep under water that it would compromise the integrity of the crystal.

» One of my other loves is Swiss watches. I happen to wear and retail ORIS

» watches www.friendsoforis.com but that is beside the point.

»

» As discering cigar chomping cablleros.....what is on your wrist?

Two of my favourite that i wear the most are Girard Perregaux WW.TC, Jaeger-Lecoultre reverso grande automatique.

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...