Bolivar Belicosos Finos - TEB ENE 08

asmith

This weeks cigar review of the Bolivar Belicosos Finos without Rob. A lot more comprehensive review and anything previous due to the reduced panel but wiser panel.

Great review sounds like these may be getting back to prominence after having some down years. Was there any note of the typical Boli earthiness present in these like can be found in some of the other Boli line? Any big difference between the 07 and 08's?

Great review sounds like these may be getting back to prominence after having some down years. Was there any note of the typical Boli earthiness present in these like can be found in some of the other Boli line? Any big difference between the 07 and 08's?

The difference I felt between the late 07/08 and the early 07 is a more refined smoke, reduced rough edges, smoother. I have previously felt that Bolivars can be a little rough in there flavour construction. But this BBF was smooth, also Rob and I had a Boli RC on Thursday afternoon last week, box code TEB DIC 07. Rob and I both agreed that we didn't smoke enough of them and they were on the money. In fact I would have rated that Boli RC at 90 just a touch above the BBF, superb.

The difference I felt between the late 07/08 and the early 07 is a more refined smoke, reduced rough edges, smoother. I have previously felt that Bolivars can be a little rough in there flavour construction. But this BBF was smooth, also Rob and I had a Boli RC on Thursday afternoon last week, box code TEB DIC 07. Rob and I both agreed that we didn't smoke enough of them and they were on the money. In fact I would have rated that Boli RC at 90 just a touch above the BBF, superb.

So the late 07's early 08's have a more refined and smoother flavor than the early 07's? Am I getting that right?

Good to hear both of your comments on this smoke Fellas.

And a very well executed examination. Well done.

It wont be hard to talk myself into a box of these soon.

I know these have copped a bit of flack but I love them for their honesty which was mentioned in the video. A great way to describe it. For me, they feel like you're back in Cuba. From the three 08's I've tried, I haven't found them really, really, really complex but the 08's have been more refined. I love the smell and the volumes of smoke too. Along with the partagas connie 3 and trini reyes, they are my go-to cigar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Somehow I missed this review when it first came out. Good to hear the early 08's are smoking well. Bolivar Belicoso finos are a cigar that I would like to see video reviewed every year by FoH.

Can anyone say how the late 08's and 09's are smoking right now?

I've really wanted to like the Bolivar line after reading so many recommendations, but for me...the flavor profile is just a bit to earthy...

The first few Bolivars I tried. I wasn't wild about that earthy flavor either. I think it's an aquired taste. But now if I had only 1 cigar line that I would have to smoke day in and day out. It would be Bolivar. That said I've smoked more "special" Partagas cigars. But day in and day out. I want a Bolivar :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A fabulous choice. I love this cigar and have always had "the best of the best" kind of experiences with it. Enjoyed many times in life so far. Thanks for this nice and in-depth review- always appreciated.

• 9 months later...