Bolivar Corona Extra - TEB OCT 07

asmith

Great review guys. One of my all time favorite cigars.

Used to be this cigar would blow your head off young. Not so much anymore, eh?

Still, love the profile even if more medium now, and hope to pick up aother cab. Though I discovered I have 5 boxes when I reorganized my cabinet. Oh and my '04s still STINK.

Bravo, boys! A good honest review of a good, honest cigar. Rob, I also have both the dress box and cab versions from the same era, and agree that there is a subjective difference. Bought a 2006 DB, and after smoking ONE, immediately grabbed a cab. Then bought a FEB07 cab, which I haven't even cracked. I don't believe that they segregate cigars according to DB and Cab, but there's something about the way a cigar ages in a cab that seems to intensify the flavor profile.

Frankly, the CE has become my favorite Bolivar vitola, though I sampled an DIC07 BBF ROTT that impressed me. It was "juicy", and I don't mean like Lucy!

Guest RobertU

Great review! Just smoked one this past week and loved it. I'm still fairly new to Cubans, but this one had a profile I really enjoyed.

I have just bought a box of these and can't wait to try one.

Actually this is my very first box of cigars, I have always just bought singles in the past.

I can see a humidor upgrade coming in the future.

I have just bought a box of these and can't wait to try one.

Actually this is my very first box of cigars, I have always just bought singles in the past.

I can see a humidor upgrade coming in the future.

warren, welcome to the slippery slope.

Dammitt! Every time I watch these reviews I end up spitting my drink either on the keyboard or the screen!! Keep it up gents, love feeling almost as I was sitting there with you.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was jonesing for a Bolivar so I opened a box TEB OCT07, finally made a match. What a great cigar, opened with loads of coffee, chocolate and roasted nuts and just keep getting more and more powerful. I had moved 4 to a desktop and after I smoked the second I put the other two back in the box, monsters that need more time. I agree with Ken, 4 or 5 years will really smooth out these beauties. Then I realized I have another box, life is good.