• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

As always, I will agree 500% on the SLR Regios. It seems like the more sickly green/gray the wrapper, the better.... ?

Spot on !LOL! These Regios looked like they were hit with the ugly stick.

We did a review of a visually beautiful Regio back in May which was very very tasty. Yesterdays were not as good ...but not far short.

In the last week I smoked;

Bolivar Royal Coronas

Cohiba Robustos

Partagas Series D #4

Vegas Robaina Famosos

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure #2

Saint Luis Rey Regios

Cohiba Maduro Genios

All were great smokes, all were 08 except the Partagas D4...06 and the SLR Regios...01 and the wrapper

looked good, a light dull brown. The best out of this bunch was the Cohiba Robustos , much improvement from the last one I smoked. (maybe from a different box) followed with a tie between the Partagas and the Saint Luis Rey.

• Like 3

Today/Tonight

HDM Des Dieux PSO JUL 07......plugged, tossed it......bought as a single :P

JL Maximo RE TEB MAY 08.......tiramisu, leather, loads of cream......9.1/10

JL Select#2 DTF NOV 03.....blah spiciness, one dimensional, metal tasting.......8.3/10

ERDM Choix de L'Epoque RE REA JUL 09......my first ERDM, medium, great balance of pepper & floral....9/10....good to age

Bolivar Royal Corona TEB MAY 08......8.9/10.......woodsy/spice...I like other Robustos better

Monte #2 MAY 07.......#2 are hit and miss with me, this was pretty good 9.15/10

Bart

• Like 4

Over the last few days:

08 Bolivar PC: Medium full, cream and typical bolivar spice. 89

08 H. Upmann Magnum 46: Medium, earth, beans, must, a little bit of spice. 90

01 Ramon Allones 898. Medium, cake, wood, nutmeg, cinnamon, stewed fruit. Cream and white pepper in final third. VERY long finish. 95

08 Ramon Allones Gigantes. Just under medium progressing to medium full. Straight up stewed fruit with just a touch of spice until the final third when it started to show a little more complexity with the usual RA flavors. 89

• Like 2

Over the last couple of days:

H.Upmann Magnum 46 - woody and sweet tobacco flavors. Very Upmannisc

Romeo y Juliata EL 2009 - amazing ! Sweetest cigar I have ever had ! Hints of draied fruit, cinnimon, vanilla seed and cream. Was gifted this one, need to findout what the box code was on this amazing smoke (9.5/10)

• Like 2

Monte D EL 2005..........best Lonsdale I have tested so far.....rich & creamy.....9.25/10

Punch RS #12 2005...very nice but can't remember too many descriptives as I was doing yard work :)

Dip #4 OPM JUN 09......spicy & young, will do well sleeping for a while.....8.9/10

Posted reviews for them

Bart

I had 2 sensational smokes this week.

Cohiba 2006 LE. This is probably the best smoke I have had in years. I happened to be reading the forum and kept running across comments of this cigar. So, I decided I would finally break open my box and have one. Wow! Just a delicious spicyness, that kept on getting better and better as I smoked the cigar down. Phenominal!

The next day Cohiba was still on the mind so I broke out a Siglo VI. Feb 08 I believe. A really great smoke with all of the expected Cohiba flavors, spice, leather, cream.

I never wanted to fall for Cohibas because they are so damn expensive! But, I find myself stuck on them. They are so tasty!

The rest of the week was filled with the usual suspects. Mostly Petite Corona's and Half Corona's from Punch, PL, and JL.

Opus X Robusto *shrug*

update: yikes, it was horrible (overwhelming white pepper thru the nose, building burnt rubber on the palate). 1/4 way through I ditched it, went to grab something, saw a Quintero and laughed to myself thinking "even that has to be better that the Opus", and sure enough it was. Granted, not "good" per se, but better.

• Like 1

Friday I had a RASS from 07. The draw was pretty loose which lost much of the flavor although not terrible.

Saturday I had SLR petite corona from 03. Smoked this while tailgating for the University of Arizona's homecoming vs Washington State. Great construction and very smooth cigar. I'm disappointed it was my last one.

• Like 1