• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Last night was cold...I mean really cold...at least by my standards...bordering on 29 degrees farenheit. Anyway, opted for a quick smoke and selected a Cohiba Exquisito out of the humidor. I have to say, I was wowed by this cigar. Much more flavorful and stronger than I expected. Grass, Cedar and a hint of sweetness. I really enjoyed it over a quick 30 minutes.

02 LGC Medaille d'Or no. 1: VERY rich honey flavor. Vanilla notes throughout and some white pepper in the final 1/3. 92

08 Bolivar Corona Gigante: Bread, chocolate, and root beer. Rich. 92

09 Diplomaticos no. 4: Moist earth, wood, black pepper, and ginger with an underlying sweetness. 90

08 Punch Petit Corona: Cream, pepper, a bit of salt. Core of fresh, clean tobacco. 90

Last night in tribute to the proposed deletion of the Partagas Du Connessiur line I smoked a Connie 3. A very nice smoke, but still not the one I would miss the most in the group.

Smoked a Bolivar Royal Corona last night. Blew away the BBF I smoked a ways back. I don't have extensive experience with the Bolivar marca yet, but the RCs seem very promising. Highly enjoyed the experience.

Smoked a Partagas Chico while grilling chicken last night, it was good but I would never buy them since they are the size of a cig

Sancho Panza Belicoso GAS JUL 08 last night........tasted like a piece of driftwood and a potato chip had a baby, not good

Bart

Cuaba Tradicionales...beginning to come to the same conclusion as KG on the standard production Cuabas.

• 2 weeks later...

Partagas Short.

What a difference a week makes! Bought a few singles of different Partagas smokes to try (Lusi, 898, Connie 2 and Shorts). Had one of the Shorts last weekend and it was pretty average. Had one yesterday with a bit more time in the humi and it was fantastic. Great burn, fantastic cedar/spice all the way through. If only I could've waited another week... :)

Sunday afternoon: Bolivar Royal Corona TEB JUN 08 (HQ box) - Straight out of the box on delivery - Bean, creamy espresso (I swear!) and just enough earthiness - tonnes of strong, nicely aromatic smoke - this box wont last long...

This morning: LA Gloria Cumana Medaille d'Or No. 3 - left it in a cigar case over the weekend - should have known better - as a result it was slightly too dry and burned too hot and bitter for my liking and not helped by a tight draw - pity as all other samples from this box (OSU Jul 02) have been excellent.

Spent the weekend indoors watching the snow fall, so went through quite a few sticks. The lineup was an '06 RyJ Churchill, an '07 Upmann PC, an '08 Upmann 46, and an '09 Bolivar PC (should have let that last one sit, but it arrived a week ago from the Czar and I just had to try one; it was good, but needs some time). Had some good NCs as well - La Gloria dC Artesanos Churchill, an AF Hemingway Classico, and an Illusione 888.

Also had an '08 RASS - great flavor but it was like sucking on a dowel. I've never had a cigar with a draw that tight that wasn't totally plugged. Got about 1/2 through and felt like I was going to give myself an aneurism, so gave it up.

Smoke an SCdLH El Principe two nights ago. Astounding little cigar. Last night I smoked a Bolivar Bonitas in freezing cold weather. Colder than what I would normally go out it. Cigar was great...and I don't usually say that aabout Bolivars as they are often a bit too earthy for me. The Bonita was sweeter, less earthy with more of a toasted tobacco profile. The sweetness just sat on the back of my tongue after each puff.