All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I guess technically BHK is standard production, so that would be no. To be fair I recall the Monte A holding the Guinness world record for most expensive cigar in the world.
  3. i recently bought a box of Trini Reyes and really enjoy the flavor profile of this wonderful short smoke. Everyday cigars for me are H. Upmann Half Coronas and RASS. Low on stock, so I need to order.
  4. Today
  5. ‘17 Medio Siglo Find these boys a step above CoRo in strength, body, whatever you want to call it. Quite different for me. Hits the ground running anyway. Gorgeous smoke.
  6. This is something I was going to cover in a separate thread. I'm in the UK and other than regionals for investment, I've never bought a single cigar in the UK. It always seemed like absolute madness to me. I've wanted to stock up on 2 x boxes of Punch DCs for a while now. After looking at all of my options, availability. Brexit etc etc. finally decided to buy two boxes for £2k in the UK. I never ever thought this day would come, but with all the many layers of bullshit currently going on. I just wanted a straightforward sale. And the price was the same in Geneva. Most of Europe etc. Strangely when I pulled the trigger. I thought I would have instant regret. But I didn't. I was right to do it. But it still does feel very..........very.... counter intuitive.
  7. Hotel: Banff Springs Hotel Skiing with a group, of course. I had dinner in Venice, Italy. Best food ever, not the best experience. Recommended by the front desk in our hotel I can’t remember the name. When we called for a reservation they said we could come at like 5:30 and we had to leave in one hour. Despite the limited time we had there the food was sublime.
  8. I saw some Monte A’s around St James’ in London last Christmas (multiple shops). They were £85 a pop for a single in coffin type box - marked mostly as gifts, etc. So approx $100 USD I guess. Didn’t pay enough interest to see if there were entire five packs available.
  9. From some of the price lists I've seen for LCDHs in a couple different regions the five count boxes list for about 400-550 USD. (albeit this was about 6-12 months ago). Personally, I would never pay the 850 USD asking. Haven't heard 'great' things about them, just that they're a good celebratory cigar that'll take 3+ hours to smoke
  10. This also applies here in Canada. I am not sure i will be able to retire. I'm 59. Fortunately i like my job and it does not require any physical strength and for now i work from home (I'm in IT). As said by others, inflation and the fact that we live longer and healthier lives makes it hard for a lot of people to retire at an early age (65 or less). What worries me the most (especially in my line of work) is the amount of job opportunities what will be lost to AI (this has already begun). So on one side people need to work for a longer period of time and on the other side their will be less job opportunities because of AI (and other factors like ageism no matter what the law says about it). It's not going to be easy.
  11. Still curious what Monte A coffins are selling for in UK or Hong Kong retail. How about in Havana for the 5 box?
  12. Ninfa Sitting in traffic and listening to the one of our Giants baseball announcers Duane Kuiper,I got to enjoy this stellar little cigar. Sip these,smoke them nice and easy. Perfect construction and I didn't want to have to chuck it at the nub.
  13. Ha! Truth be told, I haven't spent a dime on CCs for several months. I don't mind spending more coin on luxury items as long as they provide some value for the extra money but CCs are just priced way more that they are worth IMHO. 1750 usd for COROs!! 450 for Monte 4s ? Bullshit. Fortunately I have been buying for years, but when my humidor is empty that will be the end. There are plenty of NCs that agree with me, and of course the Desnudos are at the top of that list.
  14. Best hotel/resort: Usually stay on the cheaper side when traveling internationally. However, one year for our anniversary and a friend’s birthday, we all stayed at a Sandals in St Lucia, Regency La Toc. The restaurants were better than you’d expect from Sandals, the around-the-island excursion was fantastic, and the spa services were excellent. Best bar: Had an absolute blast at the Oliver Plunkett in Cork, Ireland. We became friendly with the band that was playing and drank the night away, mostly thanks to generous and enthusiastic “new friends.” That is one night we’ll never forget! Best restaurant: Two of my most memorable dining experiences were actually here in the states. The Eiffel Tower Restaurant in Vegas, on my 30th birthday, was exquisite. For our recent anniversary, we escaped for a night in Dallas and had a curated dining experience at Uchi Japanese Restaurant. One of the highlights there was the foie gras sashimi! Internationally, though, one of the best to my memory has to be Rocpool in Inverness, Scotland. We split three things between us, as I recall: Venison, duck, and scallops. Remarkable place!
  15. I guess the fact that an email had to be sent might allude to the fact that there might not be too many bites. You wouldn't expect them to hang about after the last few years.
  16. 🤯 I brought a box from Switzerland maybe 3 or 4 years ago for 250 euros and thought it was REALLY expensive at the time 😅😅😅
  17. A beloved vendor to many sent out an email promoting Montecristo A's in a current 5 count coffin presentation at $850. Is that highest per stick for a standard production cigar to date? How much are the 5 count boxes in UK at retail?
  18. I really enjoy the regular Escasos line. Was this a LE?
  19. Franck Muller brand has had a turbulent last several years. Maybe this tower will give the brand a new shot of interest? Doesn't seem like as obvious a choice from an outsider. Richard Mille, Girard-Perregaux, JLC, or Cartier would be more locale appropriate IMO.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.