All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have 4-5 email addresses in the lottery pool, doubt I'll ever win but you have to try! Great post!
  3. I am thinking about becoming a fruitarian. They believe that fruits and vegetables have feelings and, therefore, only eat fruits and vegetables that have fallen from the plant and are dead or dying.
  4. Today
  5. Looking forward to this weekend series, @JohnS!
  6. the fingertips have a nice even burn going, nice ash - good construction 🤪
  7. 2021 rosado N1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Artist: Agustin Fernandez, Cuban (1928 - 2006) Title: Cigar and Cigar Hand Medium: Mixed Media Metal Sculpture
  9. El Legado de Cueto Premium cigar meeting The first international meeting of Premium El Legado de Cueto cigars, which will be held from April 23 to 26 at the Morro-Cabaña Military Historical Complex, will have the highest possible quality and its celebration will be a true success for all lovers of tradition and history of the best tobacco in the world. In statements to the Excelencias Group, the Cuban cigar maker José Castelar Cairo (Cueto), creator of the longest cigar in the world, confessed that he was extremely excited about the preparations for the forum, designed by the company Tiendas Caracol SA and ready to begin next Tuesday the 23rd. . He meant that the appointment represents a well-deserved recognition of his extensive and useful work as a 62-year-old worker in the tobacco sector, where he visited prestigious cigar factories such as La Corona, Romeo y Julieta and Partagás, and finally, the La Triada store, leader in sales of famous brands of cigars, rums and coffee. The Cuban cigar ambassador also announced that at the event a Double Figurado tobacco about two meters and 20 centimeters long (made by hand with long filler) will be auctioned, which is considered the longest Diadema in the world. He also said that he will teach a master class on cigar making that will have the support of his fellow cigar makers Leopoldina Gutiérrez “La China”, Juanita Ramos and José Luis Oña, who are also instructors, and the cigar-sommelier Richeyl Morín Rizo. He also confessed that at the Castillo del Morro Lighthouse there will be pairings of tobacco and drinks, for which they invited Juan Jesús Machín, president of the Association of Sommeliers of Cuba (ASC), as well as a cigar rolling competition between guests and tourists. Cueto also announced that both the official opening and gala dinner and the long-awaited auction of cigars and humidors will be held at the La Divina Pastora restaurant-bar of the Morro-Cabaña Military Historical Complex. Finally he admitted that today he continues to work as a roller in the Triada and although the specialties he prefers to make are all, he continues creating the Salomón, Presidentes and Manolin, which are sold in the establishment with great acceptance. For his part, Raciel García Cabeza, head of the store's Brigade, recalled that the event will be sponsored by Habanos SA, and the companies Havana Club International SA and the mixed company Ron Vigía SA, creator of the Black Tears brand. Black). He noted that this first event will be dedicated to the history of Cuban tobacco in which lovers of Premium cigars will have a new opportunity to get closer to the best traditions of this national product of such prestige and acceptance in the world. García Cabezas added that the first day of the program proposes the tasting of Habanos and high-end rums in the La Tríada store itself, where every day Cueto can be found rolling cigars and sharing his stories with visitors. That day, the manager pointed out, you will also be able to enjoy the Nine O'clock Cannon Shot Ceremony, and on April 25, participants will enjoy the cigar rolling master class, the Make Your Own Tobacco competition, and a visit to the Morro lighthouse. and the Surtida de los Tinajones and a pairing of cigars and rum. As a culmination, April 26 will arrive with a gala dinner at the La Divina Pastora restaurant, a musical show, awards and the long-awaited auction of Cuban cigars, which brings some surprises for the delegates and guests of the meeting. Holder of five Guinness records for the longest cigars in the world, and 80 fruitful years of life, Cueto does not abandon his passion and continues as a cigar roller at the La Tríada store in the Morro-Cabaña Military Historical Park, in Havana. In 2001 he established a first record with a cigar of 11.4 meters in length, and in 2003, he achieved another of 14.86 meters; which would be followed by one of 20.41 meters, in 2005, and then a fourth, in 2008, with 45.38 meters, until finally in 2011 he produced an impressive cigar that reached 81.80 meters in length, all certified by the prestigious London house
  10. Habanos S.A., the Cuban cigar giant, says that it has won the legal fight over whether its competitors are allowed to use terms like “habano” and “cubano” in Germany to describe their products. CONTINUED
  11. A little early celebration Wednesday after work before watching Man City v Real Madrid. Maybe I jinxed them since they could not score more than 1 even with 20 corners. So I went simple last night with a nudie but just as much flavor!
  12. One for our any FOH Greek brethren LIFESTYLE Greek bartenders win Havana Club cocktail competition in Cuba Greek bartenders Panos Minoudis and Andreas Giaprakas make cocktails during the Havana Club Cocktail Maestros competition in Havana, Cuba, Wednesday. [Alexandre Meneghini/Reuters] Newsroom 18.04.2024 • 21:12 A Greek mixologist duo has won a €10,000 prize for mixing cocktails in Cuba. Cuba is famous for its rum cocktails and on Wednesday evening below Havana’s iconic Morro Castle, guarding its bay, 400 people gathered to toast its best-known rum, Havana Club, but not with Cuba libres, mojitos and daiquiris in hand. The festivities marked the culmination of an international competition sponsored by the brand, a joint venture between Cuba Ron S.A. and Pernod Ricard, pitting the cocktail mixing skills of 600 bartenders against one another. Panos Minoudis and Andreas Giaprakas, who serve up cocktails at Vogatsikou 3 in Thessaloniki, walked away with the grand prize for the world’s best Havana Club cocktail mixer, beating teams from England, China, Spain, Brazil and other countries. “The uniqueness of the event is that beyond promoting the individual creation of cocktails … it takes into account friendship and camaraderie,” said Havana Club’s global ambassador, Alfredo Guerra. Alexandra Constantinescu from England said: “I think the most difficult thing is the time, to work under pressure.” She was one of 16 finalists in eight teams attending the event and offering the guests a choice of original cocktails. “We are coming from different countries, so the products we use have a different taste. The banana in England tastes different from the banana in Cuba, and all the cocktails were made and balanced here and that’s the most beautiful thing,” she said. [Reuters/Kathimerini]
  13. Batman [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Never thought about that. What about cold isolation? I usually use my spot in winter when it's super cold. I'm in the swiss mountains.
  15. The cigar itself was fantastic. Complex, elegant, perfect construction. I won't go into specific flavor notes but it started out very mild but grew in richness and intensity as you sipped on it. I don't believe I have had a cigar that evolved so many times from start to finish, as one person on our zoom call put it "the last third had three thirds". Very fortunate to have had the opportunity to try it
  16. You meet someone who is a vegan pilot who does crossfit and has their own podcast. How do they possibly decide what to tell you first?
  17. May sound silly, but have you ever considered an exhaust fan mounted in the glass door?
  18. If they get to our bull pen anything can happen 😵‍💫
  19. Here's the room. You can notice on the ceiling room a fan that I had installed. I did isolate the place and put in a "wooden wall". Before the renovation the tiles where pretty loose so the fan would blow the air under the tile and the air would probably dissipate outside. Now they're is wood at 1mm to the fan exit, then tiles and solar panel.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.