All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There are several inherited diseases for which genetic data identified the underlying molecular cause of the disease and was used to devise the first disease-modifying treatments for them. An example is cystic fibrosis, which was found to be caused by gene mutations in a particular protein important for the function of cells that line our lungs. The information was crucial to developing small organic molecules that partially reverse the dysfunction of the protein, markedly reduce symptoms of cystic fibrosis, and significantly prolong life expectancy for those inheriting any of the disease-causing gene mutations and so contracting the disease. The US has privacy laws known as HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) that makes it illegal to disseminate anyone's protected medical history, information and records, including any genetic information. It's taken very seriously, to the point that state-of-the-art data encryption is a requisite feature for any organization housing and using protected medical information. For those conducting biomedical research involving human data, a single HIPAA violation leads to the culprit receiving a lifetime ban on conducting any further human data-based research.
  3. I assume you’re using the purifier while smoking and after, thus the intake is pulling air (and smoke) into the unit. That is one problem (raising the unit will help a bit), and the other problem is that there is no true exhaust for the smoke. You’re probably using a HEPA filter and *that* is going to get clogged with smoke and need replacement at some time. There are several examples that I’ve seen of in-line filtration of an exhaust port (e.g., a kitchen exhaust), adding something like that may resolve the problems with your neighbors.
  4. Great video !! Know matter how much we all know or think we know there is so much to learn to this passion of cigars we all love . Thats an old video different times and all the old school methods of that time .. And all the old timers from England and old timers from Cuba in the video are all long gone .. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it .. Thank You !
  5. Had this one given to me the other day… unfamiliar with Hoyo so wanted to ask the group.
  6. Today
  7. After jumping out of the gates well in the west, the return back east has been a real nut punch... swept by the Orioles and a 1-3 loss to the Guardians... .500 now and bottom of the AL East. It's already time to weigh up if the phrase "it's a long season" equals some hope or just compounding misery. Love this game.
  8. Freestyle Review Weekend Prize: 5-Pack N7 Ninfas!! Back to a weekend review this week and a Freestyle theme = Simply any cigar you wish to review - Cuban or Non-Cuban. NOTE: Draw done TUESDAY morning (Bris time) - hint: get your reviews in early - the more engagement on your post, the more chances in the draw. Follow these guidelines to submit your entry: 1. Start a new topic in the Waterhole 2. Pick any cigar and do a detailed review with pics. Score the cigar in your own way. 3. Title your review in this format (so we can track entries): E.g. "Montecristo No.2 ABC MAR 21 (FRWApr24)"* 4. If you don't have the box code, give us the year and/or as much info as you can. (3 reviews max per member) Done!! Have fun with it and have a great weekend!! * (FRWApr24) = Freestyle Review Weekend Apr 24)
  9. Out of curiousity, has anyone tried the Lone Wolf brand?
  10. Monte MC while out with the dog. Small but gets right to it. Chocolate all round.
  11. The parallel thread would suggest most people score on a binary scale - being dog rocket or not dog rocket… Whilst also debating the meaning of dog rocket. We’re a curious group.
  12. Welcome to the misery. Pricing in both UK and Ireland is insane. If it helps you justify things, JJF and others on St James are unlikely to be around for a whole lot longer (given recent legislation). I plan to enjoy them while I can.
  13. this is mostly where I fall. would/wouldn't buy again, w/ the rare must buy again
  14. Hi guys, Hope everyone is well. Didn't know which category I should put this post. Sorry if it's not correct. I have a small cigar lounge. It's an old tool storage. Installed an air purifier. Unfortunately there's no windows. It used to be a tool storage on the terasse of a building that has 4 terasse over each other. The room is above the living room of my neighbors. It's inside, rather small but so comfy since I turned it to a one man cave to get away from the daily life. I did install a purifier that is on the ground. Recently, they did renovation of the roofs. Unfortunately, since the renovation are done, my downstairs neighbors complained amically that it happens than when I smoke they can smell it in the living room. What do you guys would suggest I should do. Surprisingly, as the smoke should rise, I don't understand why it's the downstairs neighbors and not upstairs one. I have now moved my purifier higher from ground to about 1m high. It seems to make a slight difference. What would be your suggestions to address this issue. Thanks.
  15. That's really nice looking. I've been resisting the urge to splurge on Elie Bleu items. Rather spend that money with FOH. But this makes it just a bit tougher!
  16. Great build and thanks for sharing. Its beautiful!!
  17. very broad reach.. the individuals who used these sites I'm sure expected some form privacy.. No one expected the FBI to "daisy chain" through and find relatives... Saw another case of this breaking a 20 year old murder here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-yarborough-how-investigators-tracked-down-teens-killer/
  18. That's interesting. I knew the FBI had a database that was limited to convicted criminals or prior tested suspects but I wondered how they got access to anyone else's info. Now I wonder if the FBI shouldn't be required to disclose the intent of using a "publicly available" site or need a court order rather than simply creating a bogus profile and uploading a dna sample to a site like 23 and me. Seems like a broad reach to me.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.