All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. This thread only goes to prove that orchids are the toughest plants in the world. They thrive on neglect 😁
  4. I noticed the great majority of what's in the book was not in the auction. Some of the most valuable items like the Boli Especiales No. 2, Gold Medal, SLR Prominentes, Diplomatic Lanceros, Siglo XXI humi, 1492, 1987 and 1994 aren't in there. If this auction total is any indication he's probably got another $10-20 million worth at least. This lot was probably just what was lying around the house.
  5. I have an OnlyFans. I know what you're thinking and yes, cigars are involved.
  6. Beautiful cigar, sorry forgot to take the band off. box from 2023, forgot the factory code. 1st 3rd: plenty smoke output which I love, pepper off the bat for the first 1/2 of this along with leather. Some sweetness and cream come in on the finish in the latter half. 2nd third: definitely transformed with the warmth, much more creamy, medium body, sweet hay take over and pepper is now on the finish instead of in your face like the 1st third. Bread notes/carbs lol. 3rd third: pepper picks up, barnyard and cream fades. Leather is mostly it. Fairly 2 dimensional, not very complex but overall a good smoke. Would smoke it when not having to pay attention, like golf or drinking with friends.
  7. X - very passive (news and sports lurker) FB - passive - use for group and membership communication (neighborhood/local groups, golf club, CrossFit gym) and birthday reminders IG - keep in touch with old friends a bit here and there. Post every few years. LinkedIn - read industry news and admire feel good stories of many a corporate hero telling tales of how they've humbly saved the world
  8. Ahhh — now I see that your photo, which clearly shows a “green label” fuente is the same as that of Cnote (which looked closer to a “black label”).
  9. Hermoso no. 4, from 2020 Absolutely perfect weather for a cigar today. 65 and sunny, with just a tiny breeze. This stick is covered in a dark brown wrapper, natural but on the darker side. Lots of tiny veins, but nothing ugly about it. Beautiful wrapper with a few mottled oily spots. The aroma is cedar and barnyard, and the cold draw gives me notes of dark chocolate and raisins, with a little coffee undertone. With a straight cut, there is just about the perfect resistance to the draw. The opening light has a hint of bitterness, but more of a cocoa or pepper bitterness. Not at all unpleasant. Some coffee and damp earth as well. As things get rolling, there is a nuttiness I can’t identify, though I want to say hazelnuts. Some cocoa, but very faint. Also a raisin note mixed in with everything. The finish carries some milk chocolate and coffee, but is dominated by that nutty note and just a pinch of clove. Fantastic draw, excellent smoke thickness, and a nice earthy aroma. The mouthfeel is somewhere between creamy and oily. A little more viscous than cream, but not quite syrupy. Nice texture. Some fairly heavy stout comes in eventually, and molasses starts to cover up the tiny hint of cocoa, becoming a dominant note. Going into the second 3rd, the flavor brightens up some. Molasses turns into a very floral honey, and the stout now gives way to some kind of stone fruit. Plums maybe, but not tannic. A little bright ginger on the finish. Getting to the midpoint, I start to taste sarsaparilla, and things taste a little bit like ginger root beer. Very cool, as I haven’t noticed it on this particular cigar before. Lately I’m starting to wonder why we invented ashtrays. My lap seems to serve that purpose very nicely, apparently. Burn line, though, is just about golden all the way. Inexplicably, the last third of this stick gets a lot more bitter. That sarsaparilla note must’ve heard me calling its name, because now it is loud and proud. A purge helps a little, but it’s still there screaming for most of the rest of the cigar. Chili paste joins in, too, and the pair cover up most of the other flavors. It’s too bad, because the finish has some great notes of hazelnut and prunes, but the bitterness on the palate just won’t go away. Nice texture, too, totally oily and viscous now. Just tastes like I’m drinking a very bitter root beer with some Asian chili paste stirred in. Not a good close to an otherwise awesome smoke, from a cigar I’ve come to love a lot. I’m used to nubbing this cigar. This particular one, I stop with a little over an inch left. My score: 82
  10. Ok, I will send tomorrow with cigar. Pics too.
  11. That picture isn't going to be of any help. Post the serial#, the box code, the front, the back, the bottom, etc, etc.
  12. Right!? Everything is gone in 10 minutes flat. Although I’m happy to see this selection, hopefully it becomes more common!
  13. Thank you for the kind words! Glad others find some utility in these mini-reviews.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.