All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Really nice complication the 1/10. Not easy to engineer elegantly and uses a great deal of energy to run. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Today
  4. Plasencia Alma Fuerte Robustus (+): The Fuerte was recommended to me (along with the Fuego) as a Plasencia blend that might impress. A nice dark looking stick. Not much in the way of pre-light aroma or cold draw. After lighting, this cigar opens at a medium-full level. The initial flavor is that of a flourless chocolate brownie with a melted caramel toffee center. A nice opener! This only lasts for about the first 3/4 inch. Then it mellows a bit and the main flavor shifts to toasted pencil shavings. This is very similar to the Alma de Fuego, except with a toasted character and a stronger delivery. I suspect that this is the same blend as the Fuego, but with a different, stronger wrapper. In the final third some sweetness joins and the flavor profile shifts slightly back to dessert-like. But it is a bit weird since it is a dessert built of pencil shavings. It is almost full bodied by the end. This is a bit too full-bodied for me. I liked the Fuego better.
  5. One of my life goals is to meet the Sahakians .
  6. What crack are the Falcons smoking?
  7. H Upmann Half Corona. This little cigar (44x3.5) is designed for if you only have 20 mins. A firm favourite on the forum. This is my first ever one, 6 years age on it. Pure shortbread, shortbread dunked in coffee, maybe even the shortbread fell in. For what it is; phenomenal. Wham bam thank you mam.
  8. How are we feeling about our respective team picks? Divisional rival picks? I'm a Jets fan, I'm pretty happy with the way our GM handled moving back a position in round 1, picking up extra picks, and still getting a highly talented OT which we desperately need. What are you hoping for or expecting in round 2/3 tonight?
  9. What I picked up at Basel, Koblenz, and Amsterdam. Best shop for singles was the Pipe House in Koblenz.
  10. Hello, First post, though been reading for years. I just received a 25 Box of SC El Principe. Look good, smell good. 1 of the 25 bands does not look like the rest. It is an older SC band with a more maroon color as opposed to the current which I would say is more brown. Thoughts?
  11. Yup, we countryfolk had a good run though...sure was fun while it lasted
  12. C&C time. Trini Vigia (2018) from our gracious host.
  13. They're bracing themselves for what's coming...I wish them good luck, their shop is amazing 😍
  14. I cannot speak to buying Cuban cigars in Switzerland, I don’t buy them here but I do enjoy smoking them here, and it’s nice. I’m just at this moment in the very lovely cigar bar at the Hotel Storchen in Zurich smoking an FoH 24:24 Juan Lopez and just check out that cutting fee, very civilized!
  15. The "average" Cuban cigar smoker isn't in the focus. Cuban cigars aren't for the average person. Pathetic really - but that's only cause I'm average.
  16. I've always loved their emails and posts. Never been but they seem to do things well...
  17. Had to put this here. In his update on Cuban inventory, Eddie is hesitant to use NWC for political implications lol.
  18. Well I guess lots of people from countries where CCs were already really expensive used to buy online from Swiss retailers and as prices are now more consistent all over the world, they might as well redirect the products to Asia directly, don't you think?
  19. Maybe actually they see the writing on the wall for the European market (and others) with the legislation wanting to put to an end of tobacco use. Asia is where the long term market will be so they have to pivot to there?
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.