All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well as @BrightonCorgi said, each fill a need. I can't really go deeper on that subject as i don't quite understand what "complexity" means. I don't rate cigars according to tastes or flavours, it's more about how i feel through the smoking experience. Of course taste is important and i've had my fair share of horrible sticks (i can still taste a Don Tomas i lit a few years ago just thinking of it 😅) but there's something beyond that for me. For example i like the taste of a good Connie A but it doesn't fulfill my needs and i can't tell you why. Without going any further, imo something beautiful happens within smaller rg that doesn't happen as often with other cigars the same size but with bigger rg. For what it's worth 😅
  3. Been thinking about this one for months before pulling the trigger
  4. Today
  5. *Eat some caviar either before or during your drink. No it does not have to be that $85 to $110 an ounce stuff. Just the plain ole' Romanov whitefish, etc. caviar off the grocery store shelves for about $9 to $12 a vacuum packed jar. You won't get that hangover from over-imbibing.
  6. the one thing he got right was hating the pies. utter filth. the equivalent of dallas in the NFL (and iggles, and for that matter, giants), manspew in the EPL (and spurs), England in the ashes, nsw in super rugby, brothers in the brizzy rugby comp, kyrios in any sport, nsw in origin (that is a biggie), nz in pretty much anything unless they are playing england when we hope for a 0-0 draw or better yet, an earthquake. i may have gone slightly off topic.
  7. You're partially correct. As I said above if the cigar is absolutely packed rock hard it is difficult for the barbs to pull anything out. The barbs end up tearing through whatever it has ahold of. And as mentioned above most people are simply not using the PD optimally. Even Rod's instructional video on the site isn't perfect IMO. No criticism of his insertion technique but I think he withdraws it far too aggressively. I've found the most success withdrawing as slowly and gently as possible so the barbs don't tear through what they've grabbed on the way out. But as I said a rock hard cigar will just not allow any room for the leaf the barbs have grabbed to be pulled through. Those are the toughest cases.
  8. True! I need to start exploring the Desnudo offerings next
  9. Me and my girl are booked for a few days in Charleston and are in! Looking forward to catching up with you guys!
  10. Well, given that there are only 2 cigars in the MOFOH lineup, I think you have made good progress in trying them all.
  11. I love the MOFOH Trinity. So far my favorite from the MOFOH lineup, but I’ve yet to try them all!
  12. Proof that bad storage < bad construction 😁 Flight home from Amsterdam by KLM and my Habanos turning to Box pressed Habanos. They are so tasty, even better than other boxes I smoked 2-3 years later.
  13. I'm hoping they got sick again! Lol. I'm starting to think this batch of 2017's are just a bad batch.
  14. I'm guessing its a typo on PDF. I see PLM for 2011 at PdR where Trinis are rolled.
  15. I have a couple nice Breitlings I bought between 2000-2006 for about $1500+/-. They were bought at bargain basement prices in Boston. They are nice and probably have some collectible value. Not sure if pandemic ruined those pricing possibilities or how hard it is to still find bargains in the wrist-watch world.
  16. In Brazil they have this thing called ENGOV. I have no Earthly idea what’s in it, but if you take two before hanging with your buddies all night drinking whatever suites the mood, in the morning you feel cheerful and awake. They don’t sell it in the U.S. because… Because of that reason. 😳
  17. at 1500 USD price point a Seiko and Citizen will go further than any swiss watch brand IMO for example look at this beauty the citizen Tsuyosa - 399 USD - infact I am gonna buy one myself Or this Citizen Royal Oak - 899 - WOW ! these are stellar daily driver - more value for money in any watch for me personally
  18. Yesterday
  19. Now you've opened a Pandoras box for me personally. I see you mentioned daily driver. I'll ask you 3 things: 1. Do you travel often? Would you like a GMT function? 2. Whats your wrist size? Do you prefer bulky or lighter watches? 3. Do you prefer Quartz, automatics or mechanicals? 4. Is brand also really important to you or is it just a piece to tell the time?
  20. So I'm not sure if it's a typo but I was grabbing a Fundadores for the pairing show I'm guesting on tonight and I have a box code that isn't in the PDF:
  21. Nomos Club would be my pick if it had to be new. In house movement, solid engineering, character. And some options to suit your taste.
  22. It's an interesting question as to which vitola gives you the better "DNA" of the marca. For me, a PC has a stronger flavour but is seldom complex, while a Robusto can have a little more "development" from first to second to third but usually seldom more than a few notes going on. The most complex cigars I can remember tend to be bigger, Sir Winnie, Connie A, or longer, like a Lonsdale. How much complexity can you get out of a PC? I'm not saying it's not there, just asking.
  23. Those Siglo VI maybe "Legend" , but at that price, they are also a tragedy!
  24. Makes me want to crack open my box. I have a MAR SEP 21 box, one month after yours. Good review...both of you.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.