All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. " A box starting in 000050 should be a 2020" A good point
  3. Not that I have ever seen. MAR was no longer used as a box code after JAN or FEB of 22. So that fact alone would make me believe they're fake. But then you add in the weird font with the incorrect serial number; just is too many coincidences. A box starting in 000050 should be a 2020 box if I'm not mistaken.
  4. I'm on most of it, but it's the cost of doing cigar media. I actually quit Facebook back in the mid 2000's and it was everyone else complaining they couldn't contact me (I guess texting, email and phone calls are too complicated) that forced me back onto it. Reddit is the only one I really joined by choice, and I've been there 13 years now.
  5. I think you can see in one of the videos big plumes of black smoke from the smoke stacks as they try and start/restart the engines
  6. Is there going to be a 24:24 today for Friday? or not this week because its Good Friday?
  7. Today
  8. Opening day ! My Giants face the Padres. Bob Melvin knows that team pretty well 😉. As for the Ohtani scandal nothing new to report. It looks to me as if he bailed his buddy out of trouble and his legal team is trying to clean up the mess. Time will tell if more is involved. Power rankings have the Braves and Dodgers at 1 and 2. Neither won the world series or appeared in it last year. I'm ready for Baseball!!
  9. Mofoh Robusto Trinity. Look at that stack of dimes for an ash! These are excellent.
  10. Casdagli Club Maerva Spalato II (+++): My second tasting from Casdagli (after the D' Boiss). This stick has an interesting shape where is is thickest at the foot and tapers significantly, but linearly, toward the head. The pre-light aroma off the wrapper is amazing: spice, chocolate and wine. The cold draw is open and has a slight sourness. After lighting, there is a lot of flavor immediately. The first inch is medium-full and has a fruit-cake profile. After this point, the body retreats to a medium level and the flavor profile shifts to a Monte-like mix of light chocolate and citrus. Very Monte-like, but more intense individual flavors and more sourness. Waves of musty tobacco come and go and add a nice elegance. This profile persists until about an inch and a half remained, at which point the profile became starkly more sour and bitter and so I ended it there. This cigar required multiple touch-ups throughout due the the wrapper burning unevenly. The performance was a bit frustrating, but the flavor delivery was top notch.
  11. So no way, a manufacturer mistake? That doesn’t happen correct.
  12. That makes sense. I'm going to assume those are diesel engines. That's what I'm used to, having managed datacentres in the past. They are very simple mechanically and are very reliable. Which is why they are used as emergency power in datacentres. If a transfer switch senses power loss on the grid, the gens fire up in under 20 seconds and take the load that the UPS was holding. Once they're running they're solid. You either flip them off or the fuel runs out. Low quality fuel could lead to disruptions. That a ship this big doesn't have a failsafe(such as a UPS) for its navigation systems is a huge oversight IMO.
  13. I never had any luck with orchids but I have no problems with hibiscus.A former neighbor of mine was a commercial orchid grower and we exchanged orchid for hibiscus and guess what,his hibi died and so did my orchid.On the other hand my mother in Germany had orchids galore.The funny part is that I can coffee trees from beans(not the roasted ones).Go figure
  14. The serial # does check out. MAR is an El Laguito code. But I'm not sure if it's valid in 2023 as referenced above. The box code font does look off, but that's expected. Not every factory uses the same stamps, though you'd expect the same factory to be consistent. I haven't bought boxes in a while and certainly not Cohiba's at the new prices, so I can't compare. The cigars themselves look good. The bands, outer box, Habanos seal, leaf insert, etc. Placement is correct too. The seal font and color shade do seem off. The zeros on the box presented are somewhat elongated in comparison to what is on CCW. The green is also darker and muddy. But that could be a photo quality issue. Take a higher quality picture of the warranty seal. Maybe even scan it if possible. If these are indeed fakes, the quality is very good and that's scary. Let's see what others have to say.
  15. I genuinely hope it's an accident, but dirty fuel suggests short cuts to me. I.e. is it dirty?. Or is it substandard fuel. How did it get contaminated? Who is responsible for the checks? I would not be surprised if this is negligence or cost cutting. Here's hoping it was simply an accident. And that valuable lessons are gained
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.