All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. US President John F. Kennedy was a cigar fan, although it was rare to catch him Smoking. In a period of conflict between the United States and Cuba, the following case occurred. On February 6, 1962, Kennedy instructed the press Secretary to buy more than a thousand Cuban cigars, as the Senate had already prepared a law on the introduction of a trade blockade of Communist Cuba. Only after the President bought 1200 cigars, he signed the bill
  3. I have smelled the Tom Ford offering. It was fantastic, I would wear it, but at $500 a bottle, I’d rather have a box of Sir Winston’s.
  4. I hope this hasn’t been asked before but I tried looking all through this post’s comments as well as searching the forum in general but no luck. When the 24:24/72 is put up is the post just titled 24:24/72 or are each box for sale listed as separate posts? Also, if I want multiple boxes would it better (I.e easier on Diana) to send one email for all the boxes or separate emails for each box I want? Really enjoyed all the information I’ve found on this site so far and looking forward to participating in the next 24:24!
  5. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  6. Used this Montecristo EdT years ago and it was quite nice, leathery and quite intense. I liked it but have not seen it again ...
  7. Repair and restoration of Big Healeys involves all the usual disassembly/assembly and so on ,and includes the occasional weld,ream,or outright fabrication. also there is usually some refabrication of new from the box parts,and the seemingly magical tuning of wire wheels. eventually we approach the rarefied heights of the tuneup,making every thing play in harmony ...... fearless........and every day.
  8. Today
  9. oliverdst

The Ultimate Visiting Cuba Thread.

Sorry, guys, I didnt read all the posts but I can confirm: a) the old partagas factory will be going to turn in a "cigar hotel"; b) there is a new partagas factory where there are tours (Calle San Carlos in Central Havana).
  10. It was the original Toro.
  11. Derboesekoenig

Booze run

But. But your name I love rum, but Kraken is disgusting to me. I do like the sound of the plantation one though
  12. The Petit tubos is in my humi now, but as you may see from these photos, the other 2 are brittle and disintegrating. Forgot to turn the Monte A around so you could see the wrapper beginning to unravel. A B C D
  13. Riverstyx

Booze run

My wife loves a French 76: Vodka, Champagne, lemon juice and sugar. Usually topped off with a lemon garnish. Clear alcohol isn't my thing but I like 'em alright
  14. I have a buddy that has a cigar-inspired cologne. It's the only time I've wanted to wear cologne. Sadly, he refused to tell me where he got it from.
  15. Creed Vintage Tabarome. Sadly discontinued, and I'm down to the last inch in the flagon.
  16. I wish i did, sadly I cant stand the smell of stale smoke.
  17. SonGoku

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Romeo and Julieta - Cedros de Luxe No. 2 (ASO MAY 16). I initially bought these for long term aging as MRN suggests these have great aging potential. But when I got the box last year I found half of the sticks in the box had a little mold on the wrapper. Nothing that can't be brushed off and make them smokeable but enough that I fear keeping them with the rest of my stock and let them age. So I've been keeping them in a separate ziploc with a boveda. So I'm probably just gonna go through the box during this summer or the following. I think that I read somewhere on the forum here that this is a common problem with cedar wrapped sticks. Too bad though as I would have loved to see how these would be smoking 20 years down the line provided I would still be living at that time.
  18. Raskol

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

John, it would be great if it can be done. Always looking forward to your reviews. Thank you. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  19. Raskol

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

C&C Time! T. Vigia (2015)- 24:24 Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  20. JohnS

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Thank you kindly. Incidentally, I reflected on this today as I caught up with Trevor Leask, the founder of Cuban Cigar Website. These little mini-reviews began innocently enough as a expression of gratitude for receiving cigars to sample. Some of them have been aged, Limited or Regional Editions, discontinued or simply rare and much sought after. As a result, I figured that the information I gleaned from smoking them would benefit other enthusiasts too. Leave it with me. I intend to investigate if exporting posts collectively with FoH's technical staff assistance is possible, otherwise, I'll explore other options.
  21. CaptainQuintero

Booze run

See if you can find a bottle of blue Curacao, it's a blue coloured liqueur that's softly orange citrus. Quite cheap too usually. A sweet and girlfriend favourite simple cocktail is one part vodka, one part blue Curacao and 2 parts lemonade. It's called anything from a blue lagoon to a blue suede shoes. Tastes like a fruit drink, decidedly dangerous!
  22. madandana

HAVANA BIENNIAL 2019

Oh, that’s why there’s been so many art posting from Cuba on FB lately.
  23. One of my all time favorites. Interesting! My favorite and only RyJ in my humi. Also that a cc could be too strong when an expensive Padron Maduro could sometimes make your eyes buckle. My fave nc is Opus X. Strong and more expensive than many cc’s too, so I’ll just stay here. CB
  24. SwissPEP

HAVANA BIENNIAL 2019

Same here Wish i found some nice art when I will go there as a retirement gift for my Mom 🙏
  25. I’m on the verge of unplugging the humidifier and cooling unit in my Aristocrat and switching to heartfelt beads. With temps on the rise here where I live, I’m having some drastic RH fluctuations. My cooling unit is running very frequently and it’s actually dropping my RH levels. I wanted to love the humidity/temp control, but after 4 months I haven’t been able to get it to stabilize for long periods. I’m afraid things are only going to get worse come mid summer when my house easily reaches into the mid 80’s f.
  1. Load more activity
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.