All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There's a couple of marcas I just don't get, Bolivar being one of them. That being said, I saw some value in picking up a box in a trade when they wanted more of my stash and I had taken the cherries I knew I'd like that they had to offer. I was exceptionally pleased to find the hallowed 'dot' sticker implying this may have come from our Host. The 1st puff is great. Toasted tobacco, hint of creme, Guinness foam. It's straight downhill from there. Hot leather predominates, but I can taste traces of gingerbread, sweet coffee, Guniness, cacao. I purposefully set it down between puffs to ensure I'm not just burning too hot. It doesn't help, the leather is powerful and unrelenting. I struggle thru til about the band and am rewarded with savory richness, toasted marshmellows, light roast coffee. I get about an inch of satisfaction before the nub is too hot to physically deal with and bitterness sets in. I'm sure people love this. I do not. I'll give this a 4/10. A great cigar that I just don't care for. @Capn_Jackson
  3. There is a before and an after your first visit @ HOG, beware. Collection is beyong impressive, subastas, jars, pre-embargo, pre-castro, you name it. Mourade Hendor, their Habanos Master is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. I'd live there, I would have a membership for sure... Enjoy.
  4. Today
  5. I've been a member of FOH for years but am not proficient in discerning various nuances of cigar tobacco. However, I know a couple 3 things about CA. cabernets. The Pahlmeyer cabernet is top tier although a little early for drinking as the 2018 vintage needs time. I'm sure it was decanted for a couple of hours. Pahlmeyer is not a big production wine so the winery's attention to production is top-notch. It must have been quite enjoyable juice.
  6. Habanos seems to have no concept on the long dollar. Or Habanos crystal ball is that cigars will be eventually outlawed. Make hay while the sun shines.
  7. You HAVE to visit the House of Grauer (although i don't know your cigar budget) when going to Geneva, i never went to Gérard but it seems worth your time too. I'm fairly new here but tbh i'm a bit surprised HoG has nearly never been talked about on FOH.
  8. My first visit to Gesto in late 2014 reflected this. Meeting the owner Jean-Charles and talking for hours about the "old days" of Cuban cigars smoking and sales in Geneva (meaning the 80s/early 90s), marveling at the wonders on the shelves (ERDM Gran Coronas, French/Swiss REs from the late 2000s, etc), gratitude for the reasonable prices as I purchased those ERDM's and several other boxes I'm still smoking through today......it was an incredible place to visit for the cigar enthusiast. Then I visited again in October 2022 on our way back to Canada from Portugal on a layover to Geneva. Couldn't be more different. The shelves were bereft of all but the basic CCs. Prices had skyrocketed. J-C was not there that day, but his staff were perfunctory and generally passionless for conversation. It was just another cigar shop. I don't think I'll ever return. Disappointing to read this news, if indeed accurate. HSA's new direction appears to be to skim profit at every level possible. Understandable from a pure cold business perspective, but unwelcome news to most consumers, particularly those outside of AP and those specific European markets mentioned. As if we needed any more efforts to further push Cuban cigars out of reach from all but the privileged few.....
  9. Family in Biel? It's where I live. Feel free to pm me if you are in town.
  10. They have nearly everything you could ask for, a good friend of mine who's been collecting for decades knows Mourade Hendor (their cigar sommelier) very well told me about HOG and basically if they don't have what you're looking for, you might as well stop looking for it. There are other great places of course but it's one of the top shops in the World for sure. It's not cheap to say the least 😅😅 Not only americans' 😉
  11. The legit Swiss grey market vendors were a dream to deal with for years. Great prices and service, guaranteed delivery. No customs hassles. Made American's lives soooo easy.
  12. I believe the numbers are printed on a separate piece of hesalite located under the crystal. That is actually the regular seconds counter. The large slim hand that looks like the second hand is actually a sweep hand that moves at 1/10 of a second when activated. I’m really enjoying this purchase. Thanks for the kind words!
  13. Nudie Queen Corona. Got them 2 months ago.The extra 30 days rest really improves the cigar!
  14. Just when the average Cuban cigar consumer outside Asia thought it couldn’t possibly get worse...I really feel for anyone who’s only gotten into CC’s since the pandemic.
  15. It does look impressive. I don't get to Geneva much when in CH. Zurich is closer (family in Biel).
  16. Gesto was the swiss retailer all French aficionados wanted to go to a few years ago but it no longer is. On the other hand the House of Grauer is still a REALLY impressive place 🤯
  17. Yeah, we must be a lot te feel the same 😮‍💨 I've come across the 2015 Coprova (french distributor for Habanos) price list and i cried 🥲
  18. I've seen this video a few days ago and it was VERY interesting. Between this and the "zapatón", i learned a lot already.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.