All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I use to live in Reston as a young child. Concorde would fly over my house every day on its way to Dulles
  3. nice one, Opusx 20th, sweet but plain...same flavour from first draw...
  4. No, I moved to Myrtle Beach in summer 2021. No longer live in Virginia. We had become tired of the D.C. area "rat race". My wife works for a DC area government contractor, but her job is mostly virtual and she works at home. She does need to occasionally travel up to Reston, VA for meetings.
  5. They are independent businesses that are "supposed to be" supplied by Habanos S.A. Just like Rolex authorized dealers/boutiques are independently owned and licensed to sell Rolex timepieces. Do you know what they share in common? Empty storefront shelves! LOL
  6. Today
  7. I made a topic regarding cig smoking in cigar lounges in the forum. Cigs need to be banned in lounges!! But luckily I am usually the only one smoking in the lounge ( except for the rule breaker for the past 4 weeks) so I don't deal with BS in crowded lounges. Have you checked out the Alexandria old town OVTC location? The second floor lounge is nice...
  8. Thanks to all the wonderful contributions on this forum, I have learnt a ton. Just an abbreviated version of what I have learn so far and then an open question. I am simplifying it a bit: 1. RH = actual humidity / maximum humidity that air can hold at that temperature 2. Maximum humidity that the air can hold goes up as the temperature goes up. Hence at any given RH level, actual water content in the air is higher at higher temperature 3. Dew point/ condensation: probably easier to illustrate with an example - at 65f temperature and 65% rh, dew point is 53f. Which means if surface or air temperature drops below 53, condensation will form on that surface or in air. Hopefully I got that mostly right Question - Let’s say the temperature and humidity inside the humidor is 68F & 65% RH - dew point will be 55.7f. There are only two paths to possible condensation I cooled the unit to a temperature lower than 55.7f without reducing the actual humidity in the air. At 55.7f actual humidity in the air will equal the maximum humidity the air can hold and condensation will form - I am unlikely to do this More humid air from external environment gets introduced as you open the humidor and dew point of that air was lower than 68f I.e. the temperature inside the humidor, and that causes condensation inside the humidor. This seems to be the more likely path to condensation I created a chart to see at what external temperature the air holds enough humidity such that if that air were to be introduced to humidor, which is at 68f, condensation will form inside the humidor. I created based on different levels of external humidity. Here is how I am interpreting this - say external humidity was 60% RH. In that case any external temperature above 82f the air holds enough humidity that if that air were to be introduced to the humidor, which is sitting at 68f, the condensation could occur. Am I thinking of it the right way?
  9. I have even seen people come into OVTC just so they can light up a cigarette instead of stand outside on the side walk. Another complete turn off. Even though there is a ceiling ventilation system, I don't feel cigarette smokers should be amongst us cigar enthusiasts, and I hate the smell of cigarettes with a passion. This is only my opinion, and others may certainly differ. But a cigarette guy is most likely not going to purchase a Padron 1964 out of the walk-in!
  10. 1 every night. Many Fridays and Saturdays I smoke a second. Always outside. I can't imagine having more time to smoke. I really will need to factor that into any retirement planning.
  11. Doubt it. I will get to the bottom of it this Saturday once he shows up. Might be a bad idea but oh well.
  12. The cigar lounge I am referring to is the Arlington OVTC just outside of DC. I am an avid morning smoker so I am always the first one in the lounge so I don't deal with nonsense like what you mentioned. I would always get two cigars ( mostly Padron anni and something new I haven't tried to smoke at home).
  13. He might be a regular that buys quite a lot of boxes and can do as he pleases.
  14. Quite shocked at this truthfully. The monte 1 would've been my second choice but I can understand the siglo II, as that old band allure would certainly draw you in. I think you hit the nail on the head here. We're all missing those days. Fun social experiment. Thanks John.
  15. I used to smoke Cubans almost daily before the pricehike. Now I smoke maybe two cigars a week.... Quality over quantity
  16. I was sitting in the Manassas OVTC enjoying a cigar in a lounge chair. There were a few other guys sitting there also smoking. One of the guys significant other (woman) came into the lounge from the Chili's restaurant right next door. This woman brought her dinner from Chili's, and thought she would eat it amongst a bunch of men smoking cigars. She then proceeded to verbally "complain" about the smell of smoke wafting in the air! Needless to say, I was taken aback by her foolish and ignorant posture. What a total idiot. Dealing with idiots like this person is what really makes me just stay home in my garage and enjoy my cigars in private. I would "usually" go into their walk in humidor and pick out a cigar to buy, just to support the business. I would even offer a Cuban to the employee working behind the counter. Then I would sit in a chair, pick a Cuban out of my cigar case and fire up. You don't need to buy a $30 dollar cigar to patronize the lounge. Just buy something reasonable.
  17. I use to do something similar when there was a nice cigar lounge in Boston's Back Bay. I'd buy the cheapest cigar they have and give it to a homeless person that fancied a cigar to smoke on the way out.
  18. You can bring your own cigars to the lounge to smoke. It's a cigar shop/lounge. The rule is that you need to buy a cigar from the shop on the same day that you are using the lounge to smoke. So he could basically buy a 2 dollar cigar from the shop and smoke his 60 x 7 cigars all day if he wants as long as he buys one cigar from the shop.
  19. Kirby would have a gentleman conversation with the rule breaker and would preach him how fine and prestigious the cigar lounge is and that he needs to buy a cigar to support the lounge. That's my guess.
  20. Does the lounge promote a cutting fee for non-store bought cigars? I would ask an employee about the lounge rules for your own clarity and if they are enforced uniformly. Perhaps the offending smoker could be someone of interest? Befriend and see what the deal is.
  21. Why is it your concern? Leave it to the cigar store to address. I get it that bugs you, it would bug me too until I took a moment to relax and realize it's none of my business. I have found life is much more enjoyable when I stop getting worked up about all the stuff society wants me to fret over. There's a local place near me that has a sign when you walk in, no outside cigars. It wasn't long before I noticed people bringing in their own cigars. It didn't bother me when I saw this because I was smoking a cigar, and if there's ever a time to be relaxed it's when I'm smoking a cigar. I figured they must know the owner or something. Turns out if you become a paid member you can bring in your own cigars.
  22. Any thoughts about a good vacuum sealer that would be used mostly for sealing boxes of cigars?
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.