All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Welcome to FOH. What makes you think they're fake?
  3. I do expect an investigation to take forever. The lawyers will be laughing all the way to the bank I guess. I fully expect cover up/spin mode set to full. I was reading 1-3$bn in insurance liabilities. Will heavily hit London brokers. I've referred on another thread to the UK post office Horizon scandal. Started in the 90s ongoing. That's about the cover up of a faulty IT system. It was misaccounting caused innocent people to be bankrupt and jailed even led incident people to suicide. The whole thing has been a cover up operation by RM. And it's still ongoing. Funding, millions raised for the court case. Still very little compensation. And no heads have rolled. No. Accountability. Let's see...
  4. Today
  5. They are great fun, and like cigars variable and unpredictable! We had one that flowered almost continuously for about 12 years, then sadly passed away. Others flower once and then go to sleep until you give up.
  6. Another Sig IV here, from AMP ENE 20. Very dark wrapper, full of oil. This is only just about ready to smoke and I’m sure will improve. Right now it’s a rich, strong and tasty cigar, with more of the Linea Classica flavours than the Linea 1492. So more bean, mocha and molasses, not really any grass, honey or citrus. I’m not sure this box will ever evolve in that way tbh, but I’m sure they will be good nonetheless. In value terms definitely not worth the current asking price to me.
  7. Good Friday with Siglo 4 OMS May 17 from our host. Suffice to say it really is a Good Friday
  8. The vitola de galera is the exact size (110x42) and the common name rather gives you the "family" the cigar belongs to, a minutos and a mareva (129x42) both have petit corona as common name. But wait, there's more... Petit Corona is also the vitola de galera AND the common name of the Partagas mille fleurs but not of the Partagas Capitols which is exactly the same size but referenced as a Mareva 😅😅😅 At the end of the day, these are just words and you're right, for this kind of exercise it would be more helpful for those who try to guess the stick if the smoker gave us the vitola de galera but technically speaking @eaglebear29 gave us the vitola although not the precise one 😅
  9. They are close in size. A minuto is 110 mm x 42 rg whereas a PC is 129 mm x 42. According to cuban cigar website they are two different vitolas. I could be wrong. Also, I'm always tongue in cheek as I'm no expert on anything.
  10. Well a minuto is a petit corona, and depending on the name used, the vitola de galera is a minutos but the common name is a petit corona.
  11. There have been a few academic examinations of the standard of living just before the Revolution that made a fairly convincing case that until somewhat recently the standard of living for the average Cuban was higher under the Batista regime. And it's still debatable how much better it actually is today if at all. As thoroughly corrupt as the Batista regime was it's remarkable that Fidel's regime was actually worse. Fidel was a sociopathic egomaniac that thought himself to be a Jesus-like figure. He didn't care about the conditions of the Cuban people unless he got credit for anything that helped them.
  12. If you have smoked the machine mades before 2002 you'll know most of them were of extremely high quality and great values. I'm not surprised he owned and smoked a lot of them. I think most of the Dunhill, Davidoff and Fox cigars in the book he didn't own as he's using stock photos for most of them. Virtually everything with an original photo is from his personal collection. There were only a few super rare items in this auction like the two you mention, the Dunhill Atados & Estupendos and the Davidoff 80th. I could imagine the family perhaps wanting to sell the primary residence and these boxes were just what happened to be there. Seems like quite a few things he wouldn't have really been too attached to like the ERs and ELs never made it to deep storage which would make sense.
  13. I wouldn't stress my man. By the way RASCC is a banger!
  14. Vitola: petit robusto 1st third: damp, low ish smoke output. Cap cracked when I cut and my lips took off some wrapped. I’m annoyed. Flavor wise very plain, Cuban twang present but mild. if blind tasting I’d call it Cuban but that’s about it. 2nd third: warm cedar, floral notes come in. Starting to get better. Smoke output normalish. Can tell it’s young. Nutty and spice dominate this third. 3rd third: medium body, didn’t get stronger. Floral Cuban twang, pepper/spice still present. Earth flavor coming in. Overall not very impressed. Maybe been having not so many good cigars, maybe I’m over smoking lol (jk)
  15. Nooooo. Dang, thank you for letting me know. Whoops. That’s lame I really thought it was a petit corona and wasn’t a 100% sure since I’m still kinda new to this. Let’s just say google wasn’t my friend today. I even checked twice. Dang, sorry everyone, my bad. From now on if not 100% I will check with Admins. Truly sorry. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. That's a minuto not a petit corona. You bamboozled us with the vitola!!!
  17. Yes. I did mention to him that was a procedure in the olden days and not around today. That was before I saw Pres’ video. I still may try the rinsing concept one of these days.
  18. "The color of the wall that you see behind me." 👻
  19. Nice to see some 100% legit cigars. Ochoa is a region in the Dominican Republic. These cigars are clearly labelled with the region and also with the flag of the Dominican Republic. Looks like you've got some 100% authentic Dominican puros.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.