All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Connie 2 - enjoy outdoors breeze though a bit hot and humid.. nutty one
  3. Today
  4. First time I try the serie D, let's see if it lives up to its hype. I tried to drybox, although I took it in and out of the box too many times and this may have ruined my experience, as I will explain soon. The cold draw taste nice, earthy spice with some sweetness. looking forward to smoke it! First third - failed to light it properly, one side got charred. Tastes bitter and harsh, very sad about the taste and I just hope that it gets better in the other thirds. Very earthy and lot off burnt wood. Second third - Begins to get better, tastes a bit smoother but still not the normal cuban smoothness that I'm used to. Small hint of saltiness that I like, but it's a very subtle undertone. The earth taste is still in the front. Still far away from its hype. Last third - the harshness is gone, although the burn gets bad and begins to tunnel a lot, noticing that the wrapper stopped burning while the fillers kept burning (probably from the inconsistent dryboxing, or because of the wind... does this happen to you?). The taste is dark, earthy, spice. Verdict - Bad experience with my first partagas D... I just bought a couple of D4 and I just hope they are different from this D5. I think that the worst thing about smoking this cigar, is that it was so similar to a NC, that I would never be able to tell the difference. I just felt that I could get this experience from a NC, without the bad burn/harshness, for a third of the price. I really hope the D4 that I bought can be more distinctly cuban. Points: 6/10
  5. I've also learned it the hard way 😅 When it comes to storage i take cigars out the cardboard right away... Can they get rid of that smell and be enjoyable in the future ? Time will tell...
  6. i'd guess that just like cigars, more than a degree of the subjective. all manner of things for me. certainly complexity. balance is key, length, intensity. the varietal is a difficult question because if it is a blind tasting then we do not know what it should be aiming for or what it should represent as a varietal. the ability to age is usually considered relevant. flavour is key. people often talk about the 'wow' factor. some wines have it. just something about them. but of course, what is wow for me might not be wow for you.
  7. I have a 2020 Escogidos and 2015 Connie A that came in Singapore's government mandated cardboard boxes and these are definitely ruined after many years inside some stupid smelling cardboard boxes...I can definitely taste the cardboard contamination and the stick tasted very weak. Are my sticks still salvageable? Right now these sticks are resting inside my Elie Bleu cedar humidor hoping that the cedar can help the sticks rid of the cardboard smell....I don't get the logic behind government mandated cardboard boxes, it's not like it is going to deter anyone from smoking cigar and it only serve to add more rubbish on earth, seems like the people behind this policy are kindergarten graduates...
  8. I'm glad people are enjoying them, I'm going to have to revisit these with a few more years on them. A shout out to the Partagas Habaneros, if you like the Aristocrats you'll likely enjoy those as well.
  9. Its a tough job, but some one's got to do it. I doubt I'll ever even get to touch wine's like these, but what makes a wine a 100? Complexity? Smoothness? The flavors you would expect for a varietal of wine?
  10. I’d bet the hardest part was getting the building permit from his wife
  11. Got tix for their first show in a long while. Might be the last. Here for the 'Drag, especially at a great spot like SubT. If it is the last one, here's to that Knoxville sound one more time.
  12. The Reds went from being on pace for 162-0 to not on pace for 162-0 very quickly. 😩
  13. Why sell? I can’t imagine he could ever need money. And that Rolex is beautiful
  14. Given the provenance of the Rolex Daytona and the rarity, I could see it going to at least $750k. It’s a beauty!
  15. Had a lot more paprika on the one I had earlier and the honey note I mentioned above was less pronounced.
  16. Omega made the majority of the Schumacher watches until around 2007 I think. AP was his last watch sponsor. I have heard that Schumacher normally signed lifetime endorsement deals so the money is still rolling in.
  17. True, but the problem persists. They have to get more people into OAK. If hands have to be held to do it then so be it. Although I don't know why the market isn't solving this issue. If SFO is clogged it should be more expensive to fly in there than OAK. Also the airlines should be reducing flights to SFO and increasing to OAK.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.