All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Literally too many ideas to list. I’d love to be able to avoid cold winters and hot, humid summers. Live in Chicago now, so that would mean Florida or somewhere south to escape winters. However, with young ones, the summer is the easiest season to escape given school schedules. I think living in Florida (Miami) during the Fall, Winter, Spring and then evacuating for summer is both logical and doable. Could make a strong argument for a summer home in the mountains (which gives you skiing during the winter as well) or one of these picturesque summer climates like Maine, Northern Michigan. For now it’s so out of the question it seems silly even fantasizing about.
  3. we have a team that sits on the London trading floor. I'm most familiar with the placement of global insurance through that old coffee house. but I'm also sure that none of the single entities have purchased enough insurance to cover this one (as the likelihood of the event is remote - they would have had risk management teams to advise to self insure over a specific value). But it's the reason they are bringing in multiple parties, trying to split the contributory negligence. Any loss over $1B in London will cause a ripple effect across the entire world, and yes, right down to your home and auto premiums. (treaty reinsurance is a wonderful thing)
  4. That's a fun scenario to think about! For my ideal residence, I'd choose a cozy cottage in the countryside of Tuscany, Italy. The rolling hills, vineyards, and delicious food make it a dream spot to call home.
  5. So I'm working my way through a bunch of NC I've had sealed up for years and really enjoying the change, the biggest issue (if you can call it that) is how they scream out for a tighter Cuban roll to concentrate those flavours and slow down the burn. I'm guessing from the video that was a major point with making the nudies? Did you have any chance to see how the blends changed if you had them rolled in the more traditional NC way? I wonder how much NC cigars would benefit or at least change with a Cuban style rolling technique
  6. Today
  7. So this is a Paraisos but as it is the only one in the Cuban portfolio it would have been too easy with the vitola de galera 😉
  8. Judging based on this, he very well could've bought it from someone in Cuba. The sticks look quite good and are could very likely be Cuban tobacco. With that being said, do you really wanna pay 1800 for some farm rolls with cohiba bands slapped on.
  9. HUGE red flag. No one is giving away cohibas for discounted prices like that. While they do not officially release factory codes/announce when they change it is totally possible to piece together information to get a general idea as to when codes change/which ones they are using. MAR has not been seen since the start of 2022. (This is when it changed to GES). Take it.
  10. I would take it, i'd always have a doubt otherwise but that's just me. Personnally I don't buy Cohiba but if i did, it would be from here or from a trusted shop with the additional official importer seal on the box. It's a shame but looking for cheaper Cohibas nowadays is like fighting windmills.
  11. Will check that Monday too
  12. I'd imagine there's some pretty hefty get-out clauses for insurance companies if the questions about poor quality fuel or maintenance are true
  13. Thank you! The boxes around the head to not seem to be cut to match the silhouette and the spacing around the silhouette seems to be very lopsided. I hope that I'm wrong because I thought it was a trustworthy source but after reading some of the other posts, I'm now in doubt.
  14. I have had one plant based burger a few years ago that was genuinely delicious, tasted no different to a real one, in fact I would have said it was a brilliant meat one if no one had said. Thick and juicy, tasted like rump mince, it even had some kind of beetroot juice in so it looked pink inside, certainly better than a budget meat burger No idea what was inside it beyond the beetroot juice, I'm guessing a pretty hefty concoction of various things Probably would rather that than a lab grown meat tbh
  15. Well Maersk makes between $3B and $10B a quarter in EBITDA, so they’re not a financially unstable company. For anyone who actually ships a container on a vessel, you’re actually entering into an adventure and if that adventure is disastrous you become liable to pay to cover it. Of course, you take out cargo insurance and that also covers wider liabilities like your stake in the adventure. We had containers on the Ever Given that blocked the Suez canal, and the Egyptian government wanted $1B for loss of canal fee revenue. The shipping line went round with their hat out to everyone who had cargo on the ship. The insurance companies picked up the tab. As mentioned elsewhere, it’s the London insurers who will pick up the bill. It’s not that significant in the grand scheme of things; imagine the other stuff they cover like hurricanes and oil spills. As it happens, we had cargo on this vessel in Baltimore, but it was unloaded 2 days prior. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Famoso was correct, although the last portion of it did not come across like one.
  17. Thanks for the discount; have picked up a slew of 5ers. Happy Easter [emoji41][emoji869] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. From seller : The Esplendido a purchased from a Habano Sommelier in Havana. They regulary get boxes and samples from the factories and Habanos SA. That box is 100% from the El Laguito factory, which is the mother factory of the Cohiba brand. The factory code of the El Laguito was MAR, now it is GES. It is hard to say when they changed it, because it does not happen from one day to another. With the code of 000050791106, I agree with you. This barcode was used on 2021 boxes. Maybe they stamped the box later, and that is why the inconsistency between the date stamp and the barcode. I sent you meny photos, when I offered the box to you. I did not want to hide any detail. What you can be sure, that the box is from a reliable source, and the content of the box is 100% authentic Cohiba Esplendidos cigars. This box is over 2500 USD in Havana in the shops, and over 3000 in Europe. I could give it to you for 1800 because I could buy it from a Habanos Sommelier, who would never sell non factory cigars. He is willing to arrange for a refund.
  19. Always. Holds even more weight in today's cc world. Yes there is a tax stamp underneath the green warranty seal. @HoyoDC you could gently rub your finger over the green warranty seal (near the edge of the box where it starts to fold) and see if you feel another 'sticker' or 'stamp' underneath. Again this is something counterfeiters have started applying, but if there isn't anything underneath then it certainly be another indicator of a fugazi.
  20. The heads on those Monte 2s look off. If one's a fake, it is likely the others are also.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.