All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Have read some mixed reviews about the Orgullosos, but the vitola alone was enough for me to pick up a couple boxes. They do look good, that's for sure! Planning on trying one anytime soon?
  3. I don’t know—I suspect without the embargo Castro would have been swapped out for two or three other dictators by now. One of the ways the US kept Castro in power was that we let all the agitators who would have overthrown him move to the States. The next would-have-been Machado/Batista/Castro probably owns a thriving business in Tampa right now. Actually, you could make the case that the embargo created a great outcome for the US at Cuba’s expense. Because so many motivated and restless and angry Cubans left Cuba, we got a lot of solid Americans out of the deal.
  4. It's an English dessert. Using dates, brown sugar, butter, water, eggs, flour and a couple other ingredients. It's very tasty, made with home made toffee sauce, and of course a dollop of ice cream.
  5. I don't believe the 98 or 02 are that bad. I've had 98 HDM Churchills that were awesome. Clove, cream and spice. Not a tent peg in any of them. Now, 99-01? Really bad. I had an 00 box of Des Dieux that all were unsmokeable. And I foolishly paid a high price not knowing about the three bad years.
  6. Coffee I get online at https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/. I'm a member of their coffee club, have been for years. Love the San Juans. Went deep on them when they first arrived, and I mean deep, and glad I did. Now, I just replace boxes as I finish them. Smoke time is almost perfect for the little man and momma napping. By the time I'm done, she is up and he is just starting to rouse from his afternoon nap.
  7. Taken from this post. Here's a recent list of rollers that was put together. See credits below. Roller || Address || Notes Alejandro Gonzalez Arias || Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop at 3ra Ave. & Calle 84, Playa || Replaced Santos. Word is good on his sticks. Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China' || Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana || Great personality, excellent roller. Get whatever you can. She can't roll as much as she used to. Yolanda Medina || Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa || Classy lady. Piramides are her signature roll. Blends are on the sweet side. Maria || Quinta y 16 LCDH at 5ta Ave. and Calle 16, Miramar || Unknown to me. Amaury, and Reynol || Club Havana LCDH at 5ta Ave. between Calle 188-192, Playa || Worth the visit for his Monsdales alone. His new Robusto Largo is also a winner. Reynaldo Gonzalez & Jorge || Conde de Villanueva LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja || Another master roller. Known for rolling monster sized cigars. Full bodied blends. Juanita Ramos Guerra || Hotel Melia Cohiba LCDH, at Paseo Ave. between Calle 1 & 3, Vedado || Ask about her Elefantes. Short, chubby cigars, packed with flavour. Milagro Morales || Hotel Nacional LCDH at Calle 21 & O, Vedado || Unknown to me, but a stop for a smoke here is a must. Arnaldo Alfonso Ibanez || Hotel Palco LCDH at 146 Ave. between Calle 11 & 13, Playa|| Great old guy. Can do it all. I like his shaggy foot Lanceros myself. Cueto || El Morro Castle. La Habana del Este, Havana, Cuba || Roller of the world's longest cigar (268.4 ft Guinness record). Credits: * List: Matteo Speranza for Cigar Inspector * Notes:My own.
  8. Approved! Great job @Bucky McSwensen! Knocked it out of the park. I will update inventory later today as it now heads to @db13.
  9. The list appears to be accurate except for Jorge Lopez (Club Habana). He is now living in Chile. Amaury, and Reynol are now rolling there.
  10. Today
  11. new to the forum and FOH, so I apologize if this question isn't directly related to the OP, but I figured it isn't too off track. Do you all freeze your boxes you purchase from FOH?? Ive got 3 inbound and curious the process you all take, thanks
  12. Speaking of box of the day, Wow!! I hope the box of Unicos that are on the FOH auctions, come supplied with nuclear fallout sunglasses!!!
  13. 98-02 cigars were a train wreck. Known as the black period. I see people selling those cigars on facebook forums and laugh at the price they pay. People held onto those cigars for decades hoping for a new generation of smokers who didn't know how bad those cigars were.
  14. I have had 2 singles of the upmann robusto. Not sure the box code but I really enjoyed them. That 17 box code is just strange. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. No more cedar sheet either between rows? Single cedar slips? This new? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. #2 it’s a bad angle of my angle cut. I know lots of Monti hate here but these #2’s are always on point as long as I have smoked them. Never ever had a bad one. Maybe it’s b/c of my love for coffee but the retrohale tastes like a good espresso with a hint of cream. Literally a 92 pointer or better every single stick ! To me this is perfect size I feel the same about Edmundo and DE as you. I also enjoy the #4 quite a bit seems to deliver similar flavors to my pallet.
  17. Is that an Edmundo? Or DE? I have been eyeing a box of Edmundo. I love the PE and would like the same delivered in a slightly longer vitola. Not a fan of the DE for some reason. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Yup, yup, yup...too much cedar or wood and not enough vanilla sweetness. I hear ya! 😉
  19. Construction-wise, they are very consistent.
  20. I gotta find that coffee. Btw you crush San Juans on the daily [emoji38] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. El Principe, LGR May 18 (I think). My observation, apart from how delicious these are, is that I've never had a CC where the burn was so consistently perfect. I haven't smoked a ton of them (a box purchase is in my future) but every damn one of them has burned laser straight, not a single touchup needed. Am I just lucky, or are they usually like that? One thing I notice is that they've all had quite thin, even fragile wrappers - and I suspect that's a big part of the reason for the unerringly even burn.
  22. I have 5 or 6 NC's out of the 100's of cigars I have for a change of pace every blue moon. Does that count? That's all NC cigars are good for in my book.
  23. it's a San Cristobal and that means waiting a few years before they are really good anyway. Young stuff from them is not worth wasting your time on.
  24. Bladnoch, the zombie lowland malt (distillery keeps dying and reviving). Lowlanders don’t get a lot of love, but I’d happily drink (the now closed) Littlemill and good indie Bladnochs until they disappear for good. In fact, I’d take a good Bladnoch over a Rosebank. Don’t shoot!
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.