All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Was it solved with DNA information or confirmed with DNA information? If solved, how did the suspects DNA end up in a database that investigators could reference?
  3. Saw that. Was comparing it to my stand I got from Two Saints.
  4. My cigar feels much safer in the soft wooden embrace of my FOH stand
  5. https://halfwheel.com/elie-bleu-adds-el-capitolio-cigar-stand/437965/
  6. This is also being used in criminal cases finding people and or they're relatives and then going from there.. the University of Idaho Murders (4 slain in a knife attack) was solved using genetic information...
  7. How are the Connie 2s? How do they compare to a 1 or sw Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. I'm a will buy it again/won't buy it again kind of guy
  9. 10 points for me and it breaks down to words as: Amazing Very good Good Average Subpar Poor Bad
  10. while I don't disagree with you, if the data is used for medical establishment, even profit driven, it could still benefit society and the human race. that is a big "if", but I also understand profits. There is great interest in using the data to establish new medications.....not really to better human race, but to make profit. the bettering of the human race is just a positive side effect.
  11. Today
  12. It was enjoyable although larger than I prefer. Not much in the way of transitions
  13. Thanks for the report, glad to know there is a decent shop to visit now! We did our Honeymoon to Antigua in 2012 - enjoyed the island and Nelson's Dockyard was a highlight as a Navy man, but I struggled to find any cigar or whisky shops of note. Of course...that wasn't really the focus of the trip...
  14. Came here to say the same. Brilliant film, well ahead of its time. Havn't used such services, and I have such low trust in safeguards preventing data breaches and unstated data usage that I'd never volunteer to use them even if paid to do so. I know who I am (i think). Getting a genetic breakdown won't change that any.
  15. I'm in London for a few days, i didn't plan to buy or smoke anything there since i'm with the wife and kids but i HAD to go to JJFox. I had never realised how crazy british prices are until i saw boxes of Por Larranaga 47 or Ramon Allones Private Stock 230 🤯 I am weak, i can never leave a shop empty handed so i took a Punch 48 (50 euros 😅)... Problem is i can't leave London without going to the Sahakians and since it is so close to Sautter cigars, well....
  16. Hello all, Glad to be back and see all the great posts around cigars. This place reminds me of any Cigar lounge you find yourself in. All walks of life coming together to share in this amazing culture we call Cigars. Since my absence I see that there is a new line of sticks Fabrica 5. I have taken a look and seen the reviews of the sticks. I was wondering are they Cuban tabacco? I see that they are compared to some great Cuban cigars but I also noticed that they were shipping out of Florida. From what I read it looked like a few people from the group took part in the process of blending and trying out the cigars. I want to support the brand and will be ordering some soon, but what have you all smoked and what would you recommend from the Fabrica 5 line up. Thank you, Anthony Golfguy303
  17. This panned out like I thought it would. The data would be sold. It's very valuable and IMO dangerous. This data will not be used for the betterment of the human race. Only for the betterment of profits for the medical and pharmaceutical establishment. If I want to find out about my history, I'll stick to speaking to my living relatives.
  18. Anne Wojcicki is seeking to take her DNA-testing company 23andMe private after three years in public markets that saw the once-hot company’s valuation collapse from a high of $6 billion. Her intentions were revealed in a public filing late Wednesday, which stated that she is working with advisers to help craft a potential deal and intends to speak with potential partners and financing sources. The filing said she would oppose any other buyer taking over the company. She holds 49.99% voting power in the company, which would make it all but impossible for anyone else to buy it. News of Wojcicki’s plan drove 23andMe stock up 40% to $0.50 per share in early trading Thursday. They had closed Wednesday at $0.36, a record low that translated to a market capitalization of about $200 million. 23andMe had more than that amount of cash in the bank at the end of its last reported quarter. At the lower share price the company’s enterprise value was negative. Wojcicki declined to comment. The cratering of its stock reflects the many challenges facing its business. Its DNA tests aren’t as popular as they once were and lose money. 23andMe has tried to create a recurring revenue stream from its tests by offering a subscription product, but that has fallen far short of the company’s sales goals since customers only need to take its test once. Wojcicki pivoted the company into prescription drug development, hoping to use its massive DNA database to discover new pharmaceuticals. But drug discovery is a cash-hungry business in which prospects can take a decade to pay off. The company has enough cash to last until 2025 at its current rate of spending. It has potential drug candidates in the pipeline, and taking the company private while securing additional financing could give it more leeway to get them to market. An effort to offer medical care has also sputtered as the company has yet to fully integrate the telehealth company it acquired that was meant to anchor that service. Wojcicki co-founded the company in 2006. She took over as sole chief executive in 2009 after pushing out her co-founder and has seen the company through other challenges, including a run-in with the Food and Drug Administration in 2013. The agency halted sales of its health test, citing a risk of false reports but later cleared them after the company spent millions validating its health reports. Nasdaq last year threatened to delist the company’s shares.
  19. That's generally what I have gathered on your reviews as well. Thank u for additional input.
  20. Thumb up or thumb down. I've culled it down to good, not good, or jury is still out.
  21. I wonder if Mexico is having 2nd thoughts on these factories moving there?
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.