All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I smoke one or sometimes two a day, so mainly enjoy PCs since I have some 45 minutes each time. But I know I have a preference for the slim super long ones, what vitolas are those? Ninfas, esplendidos, montecarlos etc. I realize also because my stock is pretty new 22-23s that the longer ones give me a better flavour after a 30 day resting, but the Robustos seem to be wasted on me so new, with the last third tasting like crap.
  3. Pretty much the same here. On my 90 pt scale, 10 pts go to construction, overall “performance,” etc. Then, “roughly” 30 pts for each third, sometimes re-weighted if one act is just mesmerizing and another is blah. It balances out. This smoke was not in my usual wheelhouse at all, but I gave favorable points because it was a very pleasant surprise. Bitterness really only occurred at the nub, past where I usually stop anyway. The fact that I wanted to go that far down is, for me, a plus in itself. If I had stopped where I normally do, would’ve been more well-received. I did add some “extra credit” because I honestly loved what was going on for most of the stick. Not an everyday smoke for me, not subtle or “coy” at all, and not altogether refined but good change of pace. With that in account, I reviewed a little more favorably.
  4. Today
  5. He wasn't asking me. I was just putting in my 2 cents. 😂
  6. Half a glass of tomato juice, can of light & low abv beer, few squirts of tobasaco. Clamato also works but has about half the potassium of pure tomato.
  7. I love the idea of anyone asking Elliot about how VI's are smoking?. It's like asking the person who has smoked 99% of there international production...............what do you think? Any good?
  8. Beautiful spring weather for an after lunch cigar, my first RASS, April 2023 UAR from a quarter box from our host with the most. Very tasty and well constructed.
  9. Spicy Caesar. I've had a few rough mornings where it was the magical cure.
  10. Oh believe me. I have been waist high in the rotting cadavers of Saturday night fare of which you talk. My comment was just to admire the uniformity of the mess. Like so much barbed wire and mud
  11. You have not lived until you tuck into one. Glorious!
  12. @Capn_Jackson If you're going to smoke something, you may as well smoke something. I'm kinda distracted but this is happening. I nip off the pigtail with fingernails. This starts with hay and honey and intensity on the tongue and lips. It's flavor all way to 11. After a couple inches, the honey thickens to agave syrup, then golden treacle. The hay keeps a beat. Graham crackers become involved about halfway. It's pure twang. The smoke is thick syrup. I don't like lanceros. They're fidgety to smoke, NC ones are often blended for power up front, I inevitably get ash everywhere. This is different. The construction is spot on, the draw immaculate, and it's just smooth and dreamy. Getting to the band, I pick up toasted marshmellow and the twang becomes distinctly orange citrus. The golden treacle becomes condensed milk and the Graham crackers fade into baking spice. The nub brings in coffee that slowly builds into a bitterness that let's me know I done. Great cigar. 👍 let's hope the rest of my day can be as good!
  13. Fuzz.......!! This looks like a diorama of the Somme.
  14. A must imho is mechanical-automatic movement. I would buy second hand from Chrono24, depending on the budget and the deal, Baume & Mercier, Omega, or a vintage Doxa. I like Movado, clean classy, but their quartz watches are nicer. Tissot are great entry level watches also.
  15. How about a Tudor 1926? Check Chrono24 you’ll find some at a good deal I think. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Thanks! Here’s the BR109 review I referenced: https://www.fohcigars.com/forum/topic/156671-bond-roberts-109-cigar-review-[emoji2962]/#comment-1210312
  17. It definitely does reflect. Not enough to bug you, but the effect is there for sure vs other dials that dampen or diffuse more. The colour does make it less pronounced, and adds depth and variety based on lighting conditions as well. Pics of the Omega? Such great watches. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. My wife's Omega has an enamel dial in white. It reflects a bit too much for me. I think that's due to white as much as enamel. Looks great though!
  19. It was terrific. I think though, its a habano wrapper, rather than Connecticut. I'm a huge fan of Honduran tobacco.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.