All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Telstra have canceled their Australia Direct and National Reverse Charge services, 1800Reverse shut down in July, but I think 1800MUMDAD is still operating.
  3. Don’t worry. Soon to be a regional for double the money and rolled in Timbuktu.
  4. PSD4 SOM MAR 16. I think I have the hardest time describing the Partagas flavor. I agree with Prez’s description of paprika and others’ suggestion of green pepper, but there is a lot more there. Either way, always one of my favorites. Love the Shorts, too!
  5. Much appreciated! I'm also inspired by others to buy Colibri V-Cut and Lotus Jaws Serrated Cutter (after hearing the demise of XIKAR QC and warranty)! I'm really happy that you find my thread about these cutters useful 😄!
  6. This was a gift and I don’t use it often but I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to purchase one. I’m sure you will like it. Your thread about them motivated me to pull it out.
  7. Dat Lotus Jaws Serrated Cutter! Will buy that cuttet next time since it will be stock on 29th of this month. Along with Colibri V Cut, it will be my daily cigar cutter rotation[emoji1]! 나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
  8. MSU ENE 19 RA Superiores. And a six pack of Fonseca No 1
  9. RUM MAR 19 Belicoso from a few days ago. This poor thing was pretty haggard looking and I didn’t have much hope for it but ended up smoking great. I was pleasantly surprised. ULA MAR 15 Tubos No. 1. Such a good cigar.
  10. Today
  11. MSU SEP 18 Partagas serie P2. I got this box partially because it was my daughters birth month. I had one last night on her first bday. Man it’s been a roller coaster ride. Kudos to you parents with multiple kids and double kudos to those who have twins. I don’t know how you all do it haha. Amazing smoke I look forward to having every bday. Today I had a Fonseca No1 from a six pack. New favorite under the radar smoke. Mushroom and sweetness bomb. I’ll be buying a box soon.
  12. Any good? Deck looks to be coming along nicely!
  13. Punch punch REG sept 18. This cigar is doing everything it can to be spectacular, yet multiple leave knots and a fireproof wrapper is stopping this from being an out of this world flavor bomb. This box has been very hit and miss with construction so far, which sucks as these all could be panty droppers.
  14. Diplomáticos No.2 EML Ago 2014 I believe this is my 5th cigar from this box and thus far every cigar has been similar, yet a little different here and there. Some have been spicy, some have been strong in capsicum or bell pepper; this one was dominant in sourdough or 'bread' flavour. This was also the mildest of the cigars I've had from this box so far. The cigar still had a little capsicum or bell pepper and a hint of paprika spice, but the mild strength combined with the sourdough flavour really appealed to me. Again, I very much look forward to my next one.
  15. Vegas Robaina Famosos AEM May 2015 This Vegas Robaina Famosos continued the trend of my other recent smoking experiences with this cigar, from the same box code. It was beautifully subtle in flavour and a touch under mild-medium in strength. It was very light on chocolate, the raisin sweetness found in my previous Famosos in the last few months was more akin to dates this time and there was an undercurrent of aged baking spice. The 'luscious grassy tobacco' was the main highlight again; I don't think I can adequately describe this flavour in regards to how surreal it is on the senses. It is quite unique in comparison to the usual flavours one associates with smoking Habanos cigars. Perhaps you should try it for yourself; I know I will be doing so again...and sooner rather than later!
  16. I'm pretty sure collect calling does in fact still exist, surprisingly. In fact I'm pretty sure collect-calling is the only way prison inmates are able to place oitside calls. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only reason it still exists.
  17. Montecristo Media Corona circa 2016 (thanks @Luca!) Thank you @Luca for gifting me this Montecristo Media Corona. It's been awhile since I've had them, at least a few years, but my memory of these when they first came out was that they were little 'powerhouses'. Tonight's sample was nothing like this, and this is by no means a bad thing. The Media Corona is exactly the same dimensions as a H.Upmann Half Corona (44 ring gauge x 90 mm or 3½ inches), typically smoked in 25 to 35 minutes on average. I remember them being like 'cocoa bombs' when I had a few years ago, this MMC was much milder and complex. It was not unlike a quality Montecristo No.4 in its cocoa and milk coffee blend, with a hint of nut and gorgeous citrus on the edges. It only got more stronger in flavour towards the very end, like just past halfway of the last third. Until then it was every bit a good as the cigars I been enjoying recently that are much more esteemed, such as the Punch 48 or Bolivar Belicosos Finos...yes, it was that good! Like some recent near three-year old H.Upmann Half Coronas I've enjoyed, if you ever get the opportunity to put away these smaller cigars for some time, do so. I can reassure you that they can reward you with a surprising and pleasing complexity.
  18. Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas circa 2014 (thanks @jay8354) I've been so enamored with the Por Larranaga Montecarlos lately that one may wonder why I haven't sampled the Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (or Picadores, for that matter) in recent times? I think there are two reasons; firstly, the quality-to-cost appeal of the Montecarlos and secondly, it takes more time for Petit Coronas to develop the caramel profile I prefer in that cigar. Thankfully, @jay8354 gifted me this PLPC from circa 2014 and at that age, it did not let me down, let me tell you! Whereas a PLMC may typically take 1 to 3 years to develop a dominant caramel characteristic, the PLPC may take 5 to 8 years to do so. This Petit Coronas certainly had a smooth and soft caramel flavour to it, together with honey and baking spice notes. It was a superb cigar, the type that 'rewards you in spades' for the patience you give it.
  19. A custom 109 by Alex courtesy of @ElJavi76. Very enjoyable thank you
  20. I have to say that I am GREATLY looking forward to these. As mentioned by some, I will be stocking as many as I can of the Nudies #1 and #3. However, as discussed with fellow Syd FOHers, I was hoping if a future nudies will be: - a DC - along the favours of a bastard child from HdC DC, RAG and Lusi - copy of HdM DDs - cause I miss those cream puffs of a smoke
  21. All I can say is the fact that everything in Australia needs a large dose of common sense. If you don't and go into our bushlands, you will probably get yourself in trouble. This is highlighted by the usual high amount of people that go driving into our outbank deserts with no or not enough supplies, or ability to contact someone. For goodness sakes, at least bring enough fuel or water. If not, bring a sat phone. That is just the heat killing you, not the native wildlife, which usually leaves you alone (unless it is mating season). Aussies usually have such sense of humour and like to spread this ability to laugh at ourselves because if you can't laugh, you just might end up dead.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.