All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. i'd guess that just like cigars, more than a degree of the subjective. all manner of things for me. certainly complexity. balance is key, length, intensity. the varietal is a difficult question because if it is a blind tasting then we do not know what it should be aiming for or what it should represent as a varietal. the ability to age is usually considered relevant. flavour is key. people often talk about the 'wow' factor. some wines have it. just something about them. but of course, what is wow for me might not be wow for you.
  3. I have a 2020 Escogidos and 2015 Connie A that came in Singapore's government mandated cardboard boxes and these are definitely ruined after many years inside some stupid smelling cardboard boxes...I can definitely taste the cardboard contamination and the stick tasted very weak. Are my sticks still salvageable? Right now these sticks are resting inside my Elie Bleu cedar humidor hoping that the cedar can help the sticks rid of the cardboard smell....I don't get the logic behind government mandated cardboard boxes, it's not like it is going to deter anyone from smoking cigar and it only serve to add more rubbish on earth, seems like the people behind this policy are kindergarten graduates...
  4. Today
  5. I'm glad people are enjoying them, I'm going to have to revisit these with a few more years on them. A shout out to the Partagas Habaneros, if you like the Aristocrats you'll likely enjoy those as well.
  6. Its a tough job, but some one's got to do it. I doubt I'll ever even get to touch wine's like these, but what makes a wine a 100? Complexity? Smoothness? The flavors you would expect for a varietal of wine?
  7. I’d bet the hardest part was getting the building permit from his wife
  8. Got tix for their first show in a long while. Might be the last. Here for the 'Drag, especially at a great spot like SubT. If it is the last one, here's to that Knoxville sound one more time.
  9. The Reds went from being on pace for 162-0 to not on pace for 162-0 very quickly. 😩
  10. Why sell? I can’t imagine he could ever need money. And that Rolex is beautiful
  11. Given the provenance of the Rolex Daytona and the rarity, I could see it going to at least $750k. It’s a beauty!
  12. Had a lot more paprika on the one I had earlier and the honey note I mentioned above was less pronounced.
  13. Omega made the majority of the Schumacher watches until around 2007 I think. AP was his last watch sponsor. I have heard that Schumacher normally signed lifetime endorsement deals so the money is still rolling in.
  14. True, but the problem persists. They have to get more people into OAK. If hands have to be held to do it then so be it. Although I don't know why the market isn't solving this issue. If SFO is clogged it should be more expensive to fly in there than OAK. Also the airlines should be reducing flights to SFO and increasing to OAK.
  15. Fair enough, though the court isn’t judging them on taste. It’s strictly a trademarking issue. Ultimately NC are not for everyone but they have certainly attained a level of quality now that allows them to compete with CC and stand on their own two feet.
  16. I’d like to see all included average year ranking. It may be too early for 2023 and 2022. But I’d like see what everyone feel about 2019, 2020 & 2021 would fall for production and quality.
  17. thanks John. but what i failed to mention was that it was, of course, all work.
  18. This is why I always eat double meat. I'm canceling out whatever one vegan is trying to accomplish.
  19. QD50 post a Saturday morning run. Happy weekend all
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.