All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’m anti-vegan. I only eat food vegans won’t eat.
  3. Haven't seen Edward nor Eddie Sahakian but what an amazing shop! I got out with a little something but at least I was strong enough to not go to Sautter's (just kidding I was awfully late 😅)
  4. I'm vegan, I smoke cigars which is organic plant based gluten-free not tested on animals consumables. Go green.
  5. This literally made me lol. Mainly because I do the same thing...with my daughters duplo blocks.
  6. Today
  7. Mine’s a little more basic. Shared use with my son.
  8. Habanos S.A., the Cuban cigar giant, says that it has won the legal fight over whether its competitors are allowed to use terms like “habano” and “cubano” in Germany to describe their products. The legal dispute started in 2020 when the company went to a court in Munich to argue that other companies’ use of the terms like “habano” and “cubano”—the latter as part of a seed varietal known as piloto cubano—violated the geographical indications—alternatively known as geographical appellations—protections that the country enjoys for cigars. The question is whether German law would allow for a company to use terms like Cuba—or its derivatives—and Habana—or its derivatives—to describe a cigar that was not made in Cuba. While the court records have not been released, Habanos S.A. says that it has been victorious in various lower courts in Munich. Most recently, the Bundesgerichtshof—Germany’s highest civil court—upheld the previous rulings. What this means remains to be seen, but it’s likely that other companies will stop using words like cubano, cubra, and habano on both packaging and marketing materials in Germany. Whether a non-Cuban cigar company manufacturer realizes it may be running afoul of the German court rulings is one thing, but the German importers and distributors are likely to be keenly aware of the issue, especially as Habanos S.A. is known for being litigious. Even in the United States, where it cannot sell its products due to the embargo against Cuban goods, Habanos S.A. has been involved in many legal disputes over names and trademarks. Most notably, for more than 25 years, the company has been embroiled in legal disputes with General Cigar Co. over the Cohiba trademark in the U.S. That fight remains ongoing. It has also gone after companies, like XIKAR, for trying to register the name “Havana Collection.” https://halfwheel.com/german-court-non-cuban-companies-prevented-from-using-habano-cubano/438000/
  9. HIPAA laws are not well enforced. How quick companies and people were to solicit their vaccine status? I have many large hospitals, pharma's, insurance providers as cyber security customers. They try, but HIPAA is hard to enforce. Very false positive prone.
  10. You know how you can tell if someone is vegan? THEY TELL YOU!
  11. Great point! Excited to see if they can keep up run production like this against those teams.
  12. Certain image formats aren't compatible with our forum, unfortunately. These include AVIF and Apple's HEIC. Ken, upload those images and I'll download and convert them to JPG for you. I'll fix the thread and then delete this post. All good. 👍
  13. Well, it will help with the wife for sure so thanks. 😉
  14. right, having stuffed up the first attempot, here goes again. spent the last couple of days in the Barossa for the Yalumba 175th anniversary (not bad for a new world winery). extraordinary stuff. some of the stars - please remember that time meant there was no way to look at all the wines and i missed some amazing ones and didn't get photos of some. but not a bad lot. yalumba 175th plus plus 206.HEICyalumba 175th plus plus 206.HEIC okay - if anyone can tell me why the photos are not coming up, please let me know and i'll finish this.
  15. Hey, Men those who tell me a liar DO NOT bluff? haha. I seriously needed break for fatigue/stress of Israeli attack..
  16. 09 Siglo VI release? Maybe that's the last cigar he liked before 2010. To be fair though, those were aged 5 years...
  17. PL Montecarlo last night Not recommended for outdoor, windy conditions.
  18. Can't cut a hole in the ceiling and put ducting in to an external wall? May need some pics to see if the problem can be resolved.
  19. If i'm not mistaken, this lancero is part of a diplomatic gift from Cuba to the King of Spain.
  20. Damn, we did our honeymoon on a cruise ship and I was under the impression there weren't any LCDH and had no idea this place existed. Several ports had been cancelled that I planned to stock up at (2022 cruising realities). Antigua was our favorite island by a longshot. We'll get back there someday.
  21. Interesting guy. Surprisingly, since they isolate the outer walls after renovation the problem occurs. Unfortunately no windows as stare. Pre renovation I had a air extractor under the roof that would blow out the air outside. But now I can't do that move anymore.
  22. Giants managed a other late win this evening against the Dbacks. Webb goes 7. Jung Hoo Lee and Lamonte Wade Jr have made some timely hits of late,and Wilmer Flores going clutch in the pinch hit! Now we need to see Soler heat up. I'm really impressed with Jordan Hicks. I hope he can keep it up, he has nasty stuff and is making a good case for himself that it was a smart move to put him in a starting role. Our pitching should become more elite with Cobb coming back.
  23. I am a 60/40 CC/NC smoker with a lot of NC smoking recently since a move, so I feel I have reasonable experience to discuss some of this. I do think the majority of the CC cigars I’ve smoked that were truly remarkable were 2002+ (wasn’t old enough to have reasonable access to older cigars) but I think his takes on CCs and NCs in the last decade or so follow my experience. I have yet to find a NC cigar that benefits from age the way CC cigars do. I have yet to find a non aged stock (reserva, GR, etc) CC that didn’t benefit from age, sometimes significant age. Even in my few years of age I have noted significant difference in Marca blending notes for CCs. I do think it’s reasonable to disagree with someone’s take but name calling seems counterproductive to advancing our collective hobby. Just my 2 coppers.
  24. @Luca has the Rabbit Air filter and raves about it. He smokes indoors.... now that his gf is currently away with work. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can get a relatively cheap charcoal filter to put in front of an exhaust fan to trap odours. They are similar to the type used in some cheaper rangehoods. Or go overboard and get a professional inline filter set up. No, I don't know why making charcoal out of Australian virgins makes it work any better.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.