All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not a purchase but a gift from colleague. Curious if anyone tasted this already🤔
  3. Today
  4. Here's the doc. Euro wide, but UK wanting it's own implementation https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/tobacco-track-and-trace-compliance/tttc2050 So if you buy a single cigar it must be scanned I guess. Ah, ok so end user retailers don't have to. The supplier has to scan when delivered to the retailer, then it ends https://www.acs.org.uk/advice/track-and-trace
  5. Possibly my favourite. Understated but complicated and has one of the most beautiful movements. The photo doesn’t do the dial justice. The colour and finish of the lacquer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Start with two of these guys and see where the day takes you
  7. I still have trouble discerning what, exactly, is meant by "maduro". I feel that all tobacco used in a cigar should be "ripe" or "mature" for use in a smoke. Nevertheless, I recall Davidoff marketing their original "Maduro" cigar as having an especially dark wrapper that occurred "naturally" as compared to a dark wrapper that achieved it's "maduro" color by way of a special fermentation process. I'm having trouble finding ads or press releases related to this via internet searches, probably because Skynet is self aware. However, I was smoking cigars at a particular Davidoff merchant back-in-that-day, and I also recall the Davidoff sales rep discussing how Z.D. did not particularly care for Maduro cigars...which he implied contributed to the development of the unique maduro wrapper used for the original release. That's what I recall, but I can't prove it. I'm still interested in trying the new Maduro.
  8. Before heading home, stuff your gob with a HSP (Halal Snack Pack). Fresh, crispy hot chips, topped with kebab meat (chicken, beef and lamb), melted cheese, then coated in the holy trinity of sauces (chili, garlic and barbecue).
  9. LOL thanks, it's a cuban fresh roll, brought back by a friend from Cuba
  10. Blew my extra scrilla on a greyhound bus ticket to Miami, otherwise, I'd be there.
  11. OMG...is this happening again? Please tell me that Jose Conseco and Will Clark have become lawyers and are each suing each other's respective 1989 world series teams' home towns!
  12. This seems to be a common theme amongst wine and cigar pairings from reputable sources. Personally, I find any pairing that tastes even the least bit "bitter" will tend to ruin a cigar's flavor profile for me, and tannins would line-up with that....I love finding things that confirm my own view of the world.
  13. Don't....ever......stop. Then, no hangover! If you do stop, then I think there's a recent post in the watering hole about some boli's that were stuffed with grandpa's stash. Try those maybe.
  14. The 2 white wines I enjoy with cigars are Champagne and a Mosel with lighter bodied cigars. I don’t drink red wine with cigars, I was raised better than that👻 If I had to choose a red wine I would want something very fruity and very low in tannins, Beaujolais and Zinfandel would be my choices. I’ll have my Chablis with oysters if you please .
  15. Formally, I love what you're doing and I'm wearing a tuxedo. Informally, I love what you're doing but I'm not wearing a tuxedo. Smoke on brothers!
  16. Speaking aristocrats...... As yet another reminder that all cigars of the same Marca, year, and source are not equal, I would like point out the following observations. Having "discovered" the aristocrat after smoking several with some enjoyment, I set out to experience some more. The following pic shows one aristocrat (with band) in line with three other aristocrats (without band). The color difference in the wrappers should be readily apparent. There are no filters on the picture and, to the naked eye, the banded cigar is several shades lighter and "creamier" in texture than the others. I think the difference in color is even more obvious when viewed with the naked eye as compared with what can be observed in the photo. All four are from 2023 boxes. What, if any, impact on flavor will the wrapper variance have? I do not know for certain, but I speculate that the darker cigars will have a greater tendency to have some "bite", "grit", and "abrasiveness". I hope that the wrapper differemce has zero impact, as I'm looking forward to smoking more aristocrats similar to those that I have experienced from the banded box. Every aristocrat I have ever smoked thus far (11 in all) has come from the same box as the one depicted with a band and lighter wrapper. The unbanded ones need additional rest before they are sampled fairly. If I can, I will try to post an update after sampling the unbanded ones. Pay no never mind to the fact that some are unbanded (unless you want to), providence is unquestioned for both banded and unbanded imo. What does this mean? I don't fully know yet....except to point out that natural variations exist, as well as variations in quality amongst retailers. I have found that these types of discrepancies can often separate "the best from the rest" and they continue to inform my decisions. None of these came from foh, from which I have always had exceptional experiences. Just some info that I would appreciate if I were someone like you.
  17. I'd say we both grade pretty hard. I like the sweet, CJ likes more savory earthy mushroom. Neither of us like red pepper. Neither of us have time or patience for BS cigars. But read between the lines. This is ok++, monolithic for me. CJ likes it as 'a change of pace.' I'd call both of those viewpoints damning with faint praise. I was expecting alot more from 7y+ reserve blend from a very well regarded brand. For me, I formally grade on a 10 (or 11) point scale. 8s are fine cigars. I'd rate most Nudies OpusX Padron Viaje Warped etc 8s or 9s on a good day, 7s on a bad. Anything less than 6 is more construction or blend issue. Honestly I've given Padron 6s (blend for price) and OpusX 3s (construction). I try to formally review cigars either indoors or on crisp nice days outside so as to avoid ambient humidity issues etc. Informally, it's a 3 point scale: No thanks, yes at the right price, yes and thank you for not smoking them yourself. Please note that this project started as recommending specific cigars to each other and not quite understanding why something one of us loved was kicked to the curb by the other. Our schedules will hopefully clarify soon and allow us to smoke and talk in person about the same cigar, but that doesn't always work as CJ will make a PC last as long as I smoke a toro, and we often have had something in mind to smoke that day. I mean, who plans what they smoke besides crazy people trying to learn? @Capn_Jackson throw some thoughts on how you're grading up...
  18. Rested these ninfas for just over a month. First try. Start is good
  19. I just had a friend visit there last week and had him FaceTime me from the humidor. Selection is great, this is true, but the prices were all over the place. Ramon Allones #3...$90. The new HdM Epi #3...$80. There was a RA Regional they had (couldn't get a great look at which it was) for over $200 a stick. Ended up getting a P2, a couple Regios, and the Cuaba APAC for about $140 total. Service was great though, the shop attendants ended up just picking up sticks and showed me around the place like I was there in person. Albeit I felt a little guilty as I was lazily laying in bed while they showed off their beautiful humidor... Wish I was there in person, I bet with enough time spent in the humidor you could find some better deals as the pricing seemed inconsistent.
  20. A few very nice reviews for this weekend... well done, folks. The random draw winner is @CaptainQuintero!! Congrats!! Please PM your details (name, address, and email) to me, and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. Thanks again to all participants. Next comp details up soon - stay tuned!
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.