All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It was good man! It was my first trip to the island ever. I went to 3 different LCDH on this trip and saw good stock. No Limitidas, Gran Rerservas, Cohiba Tailsman, or La Trova's but some good LCDH select cigars. Picked up some Cohiba Corona Especiales, Montie Maltas, a box of Montie No. 2 plus about 100 custom rolls from Vinales. I'd say every store I went into was well stocked. Oh and I couldn't find any Sir Winstons either but I did see Bolivar Libertadors in a few shops & Partagas Salomones LCDH which where excellent!
  3. How was it? My casa hostess mentioned she could really tell the impact of the absent cruise ships. Any thoughts on if it will have a 'positive' impact on the LCDH inventories, or will non-US, non-cruisers reap the benefits? I obviously have no idea what the consumer market for cigars was for the many cruise passengers. I have to imagine the selection will improve, but the impossible to find boxes will still be impossible to find.
  4. lovethehaze

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

RGPC SOM APR 2017. Smoking good
  5. Though I completely agree about the LGC and HDM bands, I'd happily just settle for a reintroduction of HDM churchills and LGC tainos 😋
  6. Kaptain Karl

24:24 TUESDAY

And thats precisely why I have purchased at least 12 more boxes than I expected to in the past 3 months 😉
  7. LonesomeHabanoAficionado

Custom from Alex June 15 ‘19 (PBRW) *

I wish I can get these custom cigars in someday! Such a shame that I saw Cuban torcedora rolling custom shaggy foot Robustos at the shopping mall but didn't buy them.
  8. Today
  9. Nekhyludov

Vinales trip

If it were me - and this is just my two cents - I would be very interested. A lot of farm rolls can be fantastic. If the farm rolls are from Papo at San Luis, Mena at San Juan y Martinez, or Miguel from Hector Luis', I would buy as many as I could safely get off the island. I would also buy whatever I could get from the Robaina farm. I would want to see, feel, and smell them before I bought. But I'd be looking at bundles. And, of course, freeze them when you get home. I would skip the roadside cigars.
  10. LonesomeHabanoAficionado

Which Marca is the most...

Here goes the list with my opinions. Great Marcas But Under the Radar: Juan Lopez (JL2, the pure "Cigarpresso") Ramon Allones (huge fan of RASS) La Gloria Cubana (MdO4, the graceful and complex as English Earl Grey Tea) Best All-rounder Marca: H. Upmann (honestly you can't go anything wrong with this marca except Robustos Anejados) Great Global Marcas: Cohiba (love Siglo II and CORO) Montecristo (big fan of aged #4, 1935 Leyenda) Partagas (need more Shorts)
  11. SmokyFontaine

Wineador

I only run it during about 3 months of summer, and have never plugged. I use them more for storage than I do temperature regulation (but like the 3 months of temp regulation over a cooler). I would MUCH rather have have a hard time keeping humidity high, than to have a puddle of water at the bottom of my wineador. And even at that, my rH is +/- 2% year round.
  12. George-eed

FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Monte Edmundo from our host. This has fast become a firm favourite and probably my most often smoked cigar Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. August. Stay hydrated my friend!!! 💦 The people at Comodoro are the best! ❤️
  14. Juan Lopez is most overlooked marca as a whole considering their consistent quality over the last 2 decades. It's not on the short list of marca's one could name if you're cigar smoker, but not into Habanos. SCDH may be the big one Habanos smokers gloss over the most.
  15. LonesomeHabanoAficionado

Cuaba Distinguidos Unknown

Thanks! I might begin SCDH with El Principe since I've never tried Cuaba and SCDH before. How irony that I actually jumped into the local brands such as LGC, RA, JL quite early and I really adore them as much as Cohiba, Upmann, Montecristo and Partagas but not tried niche and multi-local CC brands yet.
  16. 99call

I'm not really the best person to ask with regards to SCDH, as it's one of my least favourite marcas. I find the Fuerza to be the richest flavour. But defo get a few singles before you box buy. SCDH is not for everyone...and it's definitely not to my tastes
  17. LonesomeHabanoAficionado

Thanks! I'm surprised that Divinos and Distinguidos are the best ones of this marca like El Prinicipe is the standout of SCDH! Will try them in some day when I get Coolidor. By the way, what is another great cigar of SCDH other than El Principe? I feel that both Cuaba and SCDH have the same problem: the particular vitola is the only best presentation of marca.
  18. Hollywood Ninja

Wineador

I plug in the winter and unplug in the summer. Lately seems like sticks are arriving wet and my 65 boveda is having a hard time sucking up all the extra moisture. I usually don’t run the cooling unit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. For cigar forum more suited these
  20. Bill Sorensen

Vinales trip

I have been four times with two trips to vinale my observations Did not see any roadside cigars I purchased some puros at the farms. Pretty crude rolls. More of a donation as far as I was concerned. Certainly not quality rolls. Sounds like an extension of buying off the street- don’t do that as I did on my first trip. I truly believe you are better off by visiting the Casa De Habanos stores, getting your proper paper work and enjoying the experience. I was also stopped at Airport on one trip- Not pleasant Remember- they can confiscate anything that has improper proper work i love Cuba Don’t put yourself under pressure Enjoy your trip Boxcarwillie
  21. a few questions, my b&b host asked if i was interested in buying hand rolls from a tabacco farm in the area and that he can get a good price for me, should i take him up on the offer? Also i am told taxi drivers will stop between and havana and Vinales for cigars along the side of the road (hand rolls) if the price is right should i buy from them? how about buying right from the farm? thanks Brian
  22. nKostyan

It's an Amateur brand. Divinos and Distinguidos are more stable and better to taste. Salomones are consistently linear and boring. The rest of the regular line between love and hate. In General, the brand is not popular, but firmly occupies its niche. And the aesthetics of figurado is an important detail.
  23. Brian okiec

Vinales trip

What is the best Vinales tour. want one that includes at least two tabacco farms if possible
  24. Maybe the part of the Thames thats out in the countryside, but I think part of the original social media buzz about 'crayfishbobs' pop up restaurant. was that he'd actually fished out of the Thames running through London!!. I love crawfish, but not one's fed on babies nappies, and hyperdermic needles!
  25. Why? Crawfish, Crayfish, Crawdads etc... are fantastic. They are a classic ingredient in many Creole/Cajun dishes (etouffee, gumbo, jambalaya, etc...). Or simply a crawfish boil which is great fun as well as delicious (which is what I believe Bob here is doing). And from what I know the Thames is very clean.
  1. Load more activity

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.