Let's see your Cigar Toys!

Been thinking about this for a bit now, and I've looked through some old posts/threads, and didn't find anything that really fit this, nor was I 100% sure of which forum area to put this in.....but, here goes.

What interesting and/or unique cigar accessories do you have, that you'd like to share with everyone? We all generally have a quantity of lighters, ashtrays, cutters, and other cigar-related tools that we own and use. Every once in a while, a separate thread pops up where someone asks everyone's thoughts on a particular tool or lighter or something like that. But, I haven't really found a "show-and-tell" thread on this stuff. And hey, it's part of what makes this hobby so passionate - not only do your cigars speak of your personality and character, but your accoutrements reflect on you as well a bit, in my opinion.

So, what do you have to help you in this hobby/passion? What are your thoughts of the item(s)? Do they meet your expectations and uses, compared to say the claims of a manufacturer maybe? Would you recommend to others to buy/use said item?

I'll start things off....

I recently got an order from Mark over at Cigarmony.com (a fellow BOTL on here - many of us highly recommend him for your purchasing needs, as does El Pres frequently. Mark's webpage has the RH Beads that we all rave about, too).

Anywho, part of my order from Mark was one of the Vector "Tri-Pump" table-top torch lighters. I was very interested in this lighter for a long time, being that it looked like one of the old fashioned flame-thrower/brazing-torches that I remember seeing around garages and shops when I was growing up. I ended up getting the matte-black and polished-chrome version. I found it a bit hard when I was initially shopping for this, as it was pretty hard to find a variety of pictures anywhere on the internet that gave some good front-and-back photos of the lighter, aside from the standard manufacturer ones.

So, hopefully this helps. The one picture with it lit and burning maybe shows the scale a bit decently too - my meathooks holding it should help. If not, I've got a picture also there with the tri-pump, along with two other lighters that I own and love - a Xikar "Enigma" lighter (in gunmetal finish) and a Colibri "Ambiance" (in gloss black). The Colibri is a nice single torch, while the Xikar Enigma is a great dual-torch - both I highly love, and would recommend to anyone. The tri-pump's flame, while it doesn't show up so great in the photo (you can only see about 1/2 of it), is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, in a combined triple-torch flame. An amazing table-top lighter.

If you're looking for a unique lighter, try the Vector Tri-Pump, or the Vector Thundra (the one that Rob and Smithy uses in some of the review videos). Both are awesome table-lighters, great for a nice get-together, and are definite conversation pieces.

post-6965-1294715025.jpg

post-6965-1294715056.jpg

post-6965-1294715080.jpg

post-6965-1294715106.jpg

post-6965-1294715125.jpg

Love the Tri-Pump, I've got mine in gunmetal grey (also bought from Mark!). My only grudge is that it doesn't have a very long flame. I really wanted to see if it could do double duty as a brulee torch!!

Got some more wares....

This is something else that I got from Mark at Cigarmony.com with the Vector Tri-Pump lighter. I ended up ponying up for one of the Aeolus Cigar Spears that he carries. I ended up getting the one in Bocote wood - very beautiful grain to that wood. The Aeolus is a nice little cigar spear / poker - the marble base of it unscrews from the wood portion, and there is a long stainless-steel poker in there, with some slight rifling/threading to the end of the poker, to better break up the tobacco and make a better-drawing hole in the center of a plugged cigar.

Not something I hope or intend to use often at all. But beautiful materials and craftsmanship, and I felt it would go quite nicely with my two nicer Xikar cutters as shown below, one in ambonia burl, and the other carbon fiber.

post-6965-1295061307.jpg

post-6965-1295061346.jpg

post-6965-1295061476.jpg

post-6965-1295061504.jpg

As useful as a good draw tool like that would be, I just can't really justify the cost. They look like... ahem... wooden... ahem... yeah, um, toys.

I don't have any particularly fancy or unique cigar accessories myself. I use a Palio cutter most of the time, and a XiKar EX soft flame lighter, or a Bugatti B-1 Torch (which has a 2 different size punch cutters on it, but I don't much care for punch cuts, so they never really get used). other than that I have the usual collection of cheapie cutters, and a few cheap lighters (Ronson jetlites, etc). I have a Cohiba guillotine cutter that I got on ebay. Has a back on it, so it makes for thought free careless cutting, but only works on parejo shapes, not figurados, so it isn't that practical if you smoke a lot of figurados.

Got some more wares....

This is something else that I got from Mark at Cigarmony.com with the Vector Tri-Pump lighter. I ended up ponying up for one of the Aeolus Cigar Spears that he carries. I ended up getting the one in Bocote wood - very beautiful grain to that wood. The Aeolus is a nice little cigar spear / poker - the marble base of it unscrews from the wood portion, and there is a long stainless-steel poker in there, with some slight rifling/threading to the end of the poker, to better break up the tobacco and make a better-drawing hole in the center of a plugged cigar.

Not something I hope or intend to use often at all. But beautiful materials and craftsmanship, and I felt it would go quite nicely with my two nicer Xikar cutters as shown below, one in ambonia burl, and the other carbon fiber.

Is it me, or does that spear remind you of something else you may have at home? :-)

LOL. That's what my wife initially said too! And with a sparkle in her eye while she was grinning saying it. :o:huh::clap::clap:

And yeah, while it's definitely something more on the higher side in price, I just love the nice look that some accoutrements can give. Like with the Xikar cutters, and the beautiful woods and materials that they're using now - the attention to detail in design and appearance I just love.

Some things I just don't spending money on, provided the quality and asthetics are worth it. I could have not bothered to spend the money I did on my cabinet humidor, but then I wouldn't have a nice piece of furniture for in my family room.

Come on - someone else has got to have some pics of their wares???

Here's my cigar toy that I'd like to share with everyone. Now you'll have to use your imagination because its not golf season in Canada right now, so I can't provide a proper demonstration... I keep this contraption in my golf bag at all times and then affix it to our golf cart once I light one up. Its a handy toy to have if you need to take a breather and you don't feel comfortable putting your smoke down in the grass.

post-7525-1295122429.jpg

A fellow Canadian here hoping for an early spring and a return to the links. I use a similar device that is attached to my golf bag at all times. I also carry the Div Pro with me ( i dont have a pic of the Div Pro) for when I am not close the the bag.

post-7608-1295129869.jpg

Ok, here are some of my favourites.

My wife came home a couple of weeks ago with this silver cigar holder after visiting a few antique shops in the Dandenong Ranges. You can fit a Corona Gorda and a nip of your best Scotch. I must say I was even more smitten with her after she surprised me with it.

post-6327-1295157781.jpg

Love the titanium finish on that Xikar. I was looking at that, but thought it was a bit too flashy for me. But the finish is very cool - I have a Callaway putter that's milled solid titanium, and it's got that same blue look, from after it's been heat tempered.

I just love the varying materials and finishes that Xikar had choosed to do their cutters in. Gives a lot of variety to their products, and a simple but very effective design.

I have this same exact cutter and love it. :peace:

Don't you guys find that the fact that the Xikar cutters do not have backstops, annoying? I was looking to buy one, but all of them seem to come without backstops, leaving more error possible for me during cutting..

Don't you guys find that the fact that the Xikar cutters do not have backstops, annoying? I was looking to buy one, but all of them seem to come without backstops, leaving more error possible for me during cutting..

I've used Xikars before (now using a Palio) and I've never worried about taking too much off. Sometimes you need to take off a little bit more than usual. Furthermore, I've never seen a guillotine cutter with a backstop.

I've used Xikars before (now using a Palio) and I've never worried about taking too much off. Sometimes you need to take off a little bit more than usual. Furthermore, I've never seen a guillotine cutter with a backstop.

I cant seem to find my 2-3$ plastic cutter with it's backstop, (which is why I was looking for a new one), but I know that Cuban Crafters makes one. Maybe it's just a lack of finesse on my side, but when I cut off too much, my cigars unravel.

FYI I Bought their 3 blade scissor solution, and while it's very eye catching, I can't seem to get a good cut from it.

post-6954-1295684608.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I Bought their 3 blade scissor solution, and while it's very eye catching, I can't seem to get a good cut from it.

post-6954-1295684608.jpg

I saw a review and test of this cutter and the indication was that the cut had to be made fairly slow. A fast cut just compressed the cigar.

Regards

CDNeh