Bolívar Petit Belicoso

melies

I just finished smoking a Bolivar Petit Belicos EL 2009 and it was as bland as they come! Couldn't get anything apart from an almost imperceptible note of espresso and... That's it! And only until the very last third.

I have had 2 other examples of them last year, and they were great full of chocolate, coffee, leather, spice and richness. Are they in a bland period? Did i get a dud? Or have they gone the way of the dinosaurs?

I was planning on buying a full box before they disappeared but after having this one I'm having great doubts ;)

There's always a dude to be had. 2009 's should just be coming into their own But if it was crap to begin with when rolled won't matter how long you age them. Like they say you can't make filet mignon from hamburger. I wouldn't judge the whole line on one experience.

• 2 weeks later...

just had one... full of sweet cocoa and earthiness. nothing else though, no spice. nice dessert cigar but no intrigue (it's young so i suppose that's to be expected).

I noted that it had very similar flavours and wrapper to cohiba maduro 5s. They probably just whacked a Genios wrapper on a special blend in a petit beli format and voila! - another E.L. is born.