Sancho Panza Belicosos

The recent video on SP Corona certainly has raised interest and possibly changed some members' view on the Marque.

Playing some concerts in spain, I found some SP Belicosos in a cava del puro two blocks from my hotel - can't remember the factory code, but I do remember the box was from September 05.

Totally unattractive wrapper, no oily feel to the touch - but never judge a book by its cover!

Slightly sweet smell, slightly salty taste at cold, good draw.

Opening sweet-woody, not the usual 52-gage huge cloude of smoke, very modest, nice.

First third:

the sweet woodyness is the main aspect of the cigar, some 15 min. in, also some dark cocoa and "christmas spices" like cinnamon, kardamom and koriander (a bit like the seasonal Lindt chocolate with Santa Claus on the cover).

Towards the middle of the cigar, the woody notes became a bit more rosiny, a nice pinewood characteristic, moist forest soil.

At the final third,

an absolutely unique flavour hit me: acetate of alumina, or clay (not that I had ever eaten any, that dare at age 5 was just a neighborhood legend) :rotfl:

salty mineral water would be a perfect pairing.

Interesting Ash: a bit flaky on the surface, firm inside and with a brick red hue, beautiful.

The tobacco taste was remarkably mild throughout the smoke, nevertheless it had a long lasting herbacious-woody aftertaste which reminds me of - don't laugh - marshmallows.

This was indeed a unique cigar, it does not want to impress you by showing-off-opulence,

poise is its middle name, delightfully different! 92/100 :2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Good review Alejandro,I'm smoking through a box of these at the moment,and rather loving them.

Good to know there are still some aficionados swimming "against the stream",

celebrating the difference in Cuban Cigars.

Bravo and enjoy!

Alex

Good to know there are still some aficionados swimming "against the stream",

celebrating the difference in Cuban Cigars.

Bravo and enjoy!

Alex

Not much of an aficionado,but always trying the less mainstream cigars....and really enjoying them!Really enjoying Sancho Panza as a brand.

These are the ones mentioned...

11102011166.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yummy.