Cigar Blogs

There are some good ones and as the above say many are people from here, I do some posts on mine but I think (just an opinion) that this is best kept as a forum rather than links to blogs. My best advice for finding really good blogs and links etc is to get onto twitter and find cigar people on there and search that way (I am @Duvaultblochet) on their...

BUT this is the best resource especially when combined with trevor's excellent site!!

There are some good ones and as the above say many are people from here, I do some posts on mine but I think (just an opinion) that this is best kept as a forum rather than links to blogs.

^^^ This

There are a fair number of interesting cigar blogs with different approaches. Some are well worth investigating.

The point you make about linking to blogs is an important one and an issue that the management of FOH has been watching and wrestling with for a while now. We feel that it's gauche if the entire content of one's post is of the form "Hey, just reviewed the new Butt Club 7x66 from Vega Choke a Horse and here's the link." For one, it's shameless and for another, it's just rude.

We're of the mind that you can post a link to text reviews from your blog if you post a significant and meaningful portion in the thread you start here. You've got to invest yourself and engage and spark discussion here. And as for the video reviews, the videos need to be embedded in our forum and not just a hotlink to your blog page. Again, the dictum about posting actual content here applies. It's fair for bloggers to receive views and clicks, but it has to be as the result of genuine interest that originates here at FOH, not just a cheapo click-through.

Posts of the "wham, bam, thank you mam" type will be warned and deleted from this point going forward.

Wilkey

Aizuddin has a good blog and is a user here :) I would link it but I dont know if it's ok...

Per my post directly preceding yours:

Okay: "Aizuddin just posted a review on the Behike 54 I thought was pretty controversial. In it, he opined <snip/quote> and I think he's just off-base. In particular his point about..."

Not Okay: "Hey guys, Aizudding just posted a review here <link>"

My post, and the emerging policy applies to Aizuddin himself as well as all bloggers. I know you guys appreciate that Friends of Habanos is in a bully pulpit due in great part to El Prez's direct relationships with people in the industry. As such, we want the unique value of this venue to be preserved.

Wilkey

Google

Nothing wrong with FOH (lets keep it the way it is without links).

What more do you want we have reviews cigar, alcohol, jokes and a pirate!

Wilkey, some great thoughts and opinions on this. I think most of us would fairly agree wholely with what you're stating. It's common decency for our spot here. I don't want this to get turned into a click-redirect game.

With most, if you put a review/post about a particular cigar, I'll read it here, and enjoy the sharing of experiences. If your review ends about 1/4 or halfway through, and says, "...to check out the pictures, and my final thoughts of this cigar, please check out my blog here.", then I almost NEVER follow those redirects. If it's not important enough for someone to share with us here, rather than redirect me to a blog/site that I wasn't going to bother with in the first place, then I won't waste my time. I'd rather spend that time enjoying the roundtable discussions here.

Thanks Wilkey.

Cheers.

Aye Aye Folks

Not sure I'm getting this correctly but....

As you probably have seen,I just normally attach our latest Video Review in my open thread, I'd be very happy to discuss any of its content good or bad, with fellow members.

Our Videos are for entertainment porpose only,and not meant to offend anyone.

But...

... If you feel I should be doing something different, or you want me to stop doing this, please let me know, no hard feelings.

Cheers for now Steve :thumbsup:

Not sure I'm getting this correctly but....

Steve, no real worries.

But it would be better to embed each vid as a review, versus just using FOH as a conduit to a youtube channel. Embedding it makes

it part of the forum content, more of a permanent contribution so to speak.

The same goes for using FOH to simply link to one's blog. It would be much better form to post at least a substantial part of a review

here, and provide a link to a blog for the rest, photos, etc.