Father's Day Friday Meatscape with a PSP Cohiba Genios.

brazoseagle

Steak, and a PSP 2010 Cohiba Genios. My favorite Cigar- better than any Behike I've ever had! Peace, they say is the enemy of memory.

As always, the recipe - http://www.friendsof...pic=107315&st=0

a693489b-fb45-4de9.jpga693489b-fb54-afe9.jpga693489b-fb61-674f.jpg

Matthew is out in a torrential storm bbq'ing 2 huge steaks... funny it was not pouring when he fired up the the thing!

Now when I think of steak, I think of you Brazo, the inspirational KING of the grill.

xo

Dude, that steak looks gorgeous. How hot do you get your grill?

I would take a Siglo IV, personally, but have never tried the Genios.

I use both Infrared burners and gas burners that I have further personally customized for higher BTU. When Cooking my steaks I will bring it up to 750F -850F, if the selection has less fat in it, I might push it up to 900F. I've gotten it up to 1150F before.

David - the first man to build a fusion reactor in his backyard! :D:perfect10:

Funny you say that, as luck would have it, if I get it up to a certain temperature the flux capacitor activates, and I can actually travel back in time or to the future!

How do you monitor your temps. I never trust the cheapo analog thermometers on the grill. Do you have an infrared thermometer?

I do, but I also have a digital one wired into the grill, but my analog one is actually high quality and pretty reliable.

once the temp gets to at least 550, I don't monitor it much. From that point it's all about how thick the steak is in regard to how long I cook.

bump

How thick were the steaks and how long did you cook on each side? What cut of steaks were they? Setting them out will decrease the cook time as a by-product, but the main intention is to achieve a center that doesn't have varied levels.