Toronto MegaHerf II: MAJOR UPDATE

TORONTO MEGAHERF II: MAJOR UPDATE; July 25, 2012

Greetings all.

Well, we are just days away from the HERF. I hope that everyone is looking forward to it. We are excited to be hosting you!!

A couple of recent developments that we wanted to share with you.

First the good news, the cost of the event has been lowered. The new price is $65.00/person. Everyone will be receiving a reimbursement of the costs in their swag bag. Think of it as if you found some drinking money in a shirt that you haven't worn in awhile. Feel free to spend it on getting yourself 'KeithedTM' or donate it to the charity via raffle or auction!

You're probably wondering 'How did the price go down?' Well, please read on.

It seems that there was a miscommunication between Elmer and the Mambo Lounge. Elmer is no longer available to play at the venue. Not sure what happened there, however, it is what it is.

Based on this, the Cuban Dancer will not be preforming as well.

This is why the price is lower. We understand that some people may be disappointed with this but let us explain how we got to the decision.

The decision was based on the initial sensitivity of the cost to attend the event. We could have replaced Elmer with another band however, we didn't want people to think we pulled a bait and switch. We wanted full transparency and to be up front with the events that have transpired over the last few days.

This brings the price in line with the 2011 Toronto HERF. As you know, last year's HERF was significantly subsidized by a few very generous BOTLs, however, this cannot be expected every year.

Overall, it should still be a magnificent evening. We have some great auction items. The raffle should be fun. The swag bag is loaded with matches, hats, cigars, cash and shirts. The shirts themselves look fantastic. All in the name of brotherhood/sisterhood to support a very worthwhile charity. Most of all, the opportunity to get together with everyone is priceless. The cigars that will be smoked and shared is just a nice added bonus.

One final thing for all attendees

You will be getting an email on a PRE HERF BBQ that is happening from 12 noon to 4pm. The location will be revealed in the email. It will be a great way to get the day started. Stay tuned.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!!!!

The Toronto MEGAHERF committee

Does this mean that the PRE-Herf festivities will no longer be at the Mambo Lounge?

Mambo is open. It all depends on where people want to go beforehand. I suspect many will go to Art's and some might do their own thing while in town. Use this thread to coordinate. :)

Too bad about the band and mostly the dancer but I have no doubts at all a fun time will still be had by all! Count me and my date in for the pre-herf.

For the pre-herf on the Saturday, I'm up for whatever - it depends on what the general group wants to do. If most/all are going to the pre-herf as laid out in that e-mail, then my wife and I will be in attendance there too. But if there's any that wish to just do the pre-herf at the Mambo instead, then we'd easily be there for that also.

But for the Friday night, weather depending on how things roll for Friday evening, my wife and I are still looking at two main options. There's the Beaches Jazzfest that Art also mentioned - a wicked little street party down in the Ashbridges Bay area (just to the west end of Lakeshore Blvd, east of the Don Valley Parkway), my old stomping grounds when I lived in T.O. for a number of years. But, if the weather is too sour for that, then we're still also considering doing a nice sushi dinner at this spot in Yorkville, right around the corner from the LCDH Toronto.

Depending on who wants to do what, either post here, or PM me, and my wife and I can meet up and play hosts to any out-of-towners who wish to join us for either of these options.

Cheers.

I need a really good steakhouse for tomorrow evening in toronto someone reccomend me one please

Ruth's Chris steakhouse and Jacob & Company are both excellent steakhouses - depends what your pricerange is, as certain selections can be up there, but friggen' worth it, IMO. Google them, they're central in T.O.

And... :lookaround:...I even like the steaks from The Keg.

What time do you want to go there? I will call and make arrangements. I assume for 4 people?

Art. Thoughts on Barberians?? They can do an after dinner smoke on the rooftop.