Newbie question about grades

Hey guys, I'm sure there's probably an answer to my question somewhere but seem I cannot find it anywhere. I'm probably not searching with the good keywords but what the different grades acronyms means? HQ, PSP, PE ? I guessed HQ means high quality but that could be just me!

Thanks

• Like 1

Really sad. I'm sorry guys. This is international forum with basic English language. I have no problem with writing or reading. But I have not so much experience in speaking and especially listening English. So video cannot clarify anything. Can anyone explain more accessible? Will be very grateful!

• Like 1

PE = premium economy

HQ = high quality

PSP = premium select

The video says it better than I can, but the PE is the lowest grade, HQ is the mid grade and PSP is the best of the best. PE quality is still good it's just that HQ will be a little better than the PE and the PSP will be better than the HQ.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot, but if I understand correctly these grades were created by FOH/*****it? It's the house rating system?

Really sad. I'm sorry guys. This is international forum with basic English language. I have no problem with writing or reading. But I have not so much experience in speaking and especially listening English. So video cannot clarify anything. Can anyone explain more accessible? Will be very grateful!

Being a Yankee, sometimes I have a hard time understanding Rob too.

As for quality grades, these are available only out of Oz right?

• Like 1

Huh..

Good question. As a new guy I was wondering the same.

Never seen the rating system anywhere else but on here.

They've all been opened and looked at and if they don't at least hit PE standard they are not sold through this site. Most places wouldn't take the time to go through warehouse stock to hand pick there inventory thus they can't grade each box.

I see what you are saying.

Do we as consumers know what the standards are to be accepted into one of these 3 categories?

And please forgive me if it is in that video posted above. I am not able to view it at work. And homelife does not allow for any personal time at the moment.

Huh..

Good question. As a new guy I was wondering the same.

Never seen the rating system anywhere else but on here.

You tried the rest now you're with the Best.

I see what you are saying.

Do we as consumers know what the standards are to be accepted into one of these 3 categories?

And please forgive me if it is in that video posted above. I am not able to view it at work. And homelife does not allow for any personal time at the moment.

While this topic is bumped. Can anyone shed some light on the above?

From what i can understand from watching the video

PSP Cigars (The highest grade) all are uniform in shape and constructions, have a large amount of oils viasable on the wrappers and give off a strong aroma when the box is inspected. There are no blemishes on any of the wrappers and all the caps are perfect. Each cigar is check for uniform fill and correct amount of "give" in each cigar. These are the very best examples of a handmade product you can purchase. If you plan on buying cigars for long term aging and investment i believe these are the cigars you buy. The condition they arrive in ensures they will smoke beautifuly straight out of the box or in 15 years time

HQ Cigars (The Middle Grade) share similar charactersitics with the PSP boxes but less intensely so. The wrappers might not be as oily, they aroma may not be as strong.

PE Cigars (The Base Line Grade) are still quality cigars. The wrappers may not have as many oils as the HQ or they might not be as uniform in shape. Maybe the cap on a couple of them is a little rough, or one feels a little underfilled. A wrapper may have a slight blemish on it or is a little solid to the squeeze. The construction is still top notch and these are still very good looking cigars and are inspected for all the tell tale signs of poor construction (loose caps, firm point throughout the cigar) to ensure they will still smoke beautifully.

I like that Rob and his team take the time to do this. If you have a little bit of extra money in your pocket its a way of stacking the deck to ensure you a great box of cigars that can be smoked right away instead of taking pot luck and getting a box that still may require some down time. Any cigars that come through that do not meet Robs (very high) minimum standards are returned and not sold through him.

At least, thats what i understand it to mean

• Like 1

When you look at the LFTW, you can see what the different grades look like, it is too bad that smell-a-net has not been invented lol3.gif. I also do enjoy the time and care the Czar team takes to satisfy their customers. Based on this and many other things, they have found a customer for life!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...