Discontinuations confirmed?

Had a newsletter this morning confirming the discontinuations that has been on here previously. 5th avenue is the source.

http://www.cigarworld.de/blog/?p=699

SLR dc and A as well as hdm de dieux should go completely.

Some of the best cigars in my book, but then again I bougt a 25 cab of de dieux in the spring from 2000 - the b&m didnt have any other bd - so sales must be low despite the praise we see here

Sooo just to tally things up: looking at the totally discontinued cigars on the list (ie not just the 3packs and 50cabs) I see 1 sublimes 2 DCs and then a tonne of 42/43 ring gauge sticks

This trend is never going to stop is it?!?

Ken said it a couple of years ago

"HSA are moving towards one cigar for everyone"

It sucks cause usually the only way I can afford Cohiba Lanceros is to buy the 3x5 pack boxes and the 25 count dress boxes are too thin on the ground!

So that means only the RASS and Shorts and Lustianas are made in a 50 cab now!? That sucks!

Isn't this the same source discussed a couple of days ago?

one that should be taken with a pinch of salt! lookaround.gif

This source ( Cigarworld ) is highly reliable and as Marc Benden mentions in his message they received the news from 5-th Avenue, Germany's offial sole importer.

Translating from German to clarify :

The blue coloured vitolas in the list will be discontinued permanently.

The white coloured vitolas will be discontinued in the packaging mentioned.

This source ( Cigarworld ) is highly reliable and as Marc Benden mentions in his message they received the news from 5-th Avenue, Germany's offial sole importer.

Translating from German to clarify :

The blue coloured vitolas in the list will be discontinued permanently.

The white coloured vitolas will be discontinued in the packaging mentioned.

Thanks For clearing that up for me.

What a shame, HSA need to get a grip... and soon before the discontinue there whole business!!!

Here we go again. Still trying to catch up with the 2010 massacre.

Non Cuban manufacturers are adding vitolas left and right, adding brand extensions all over the place while Habanos keep tapping the backspace button.

At least there's hope. I uncovered a couple boxes of unopened Sancho Panza Coronas Gigantes from 1999 the other day. Still sealed with original label in tact.

Des dieux? Are you kidding me?

I can't see the des Dieux being completely deleted. Maybe they will re-introduce the 50 cab and have that as their only offering? Here's hoping...

Can't say I'm surprised about the Des Dieux. It was the first CC I ever smoked, and I really enjoy its woody profile. That said, there are tons of HdM DD sitting around. The '03 cabs were readily available for years after production - until recently where they are more difficult to come across. Still sad to see them go.

Seeing the 50cabs go isn't surprising either. Most people don't spring for the 50cabs. Smaller format boxes are far more popular due to the lower price point, so the product moves faster. When you need money as badly as Cuba does, you can't have cigars sitting in inventory for long. The faster the turnover, they better off they are.

Smoking a partagas TPC from '98 in honour of the fallen cigars, we miss you guys!

Me and a friend enjoyed a Diplomaticos no.1, Bolivar inmensas and a Partagas serie du connoisseur no.3 over the weekend, all such amazing cigars.. it just brings home how many countless good cigars are lost, and a thing of the past. Such a shame.

Me and a friend enjoyed a Diplomaticos no.1, Bolivar inmensas and a Partagas serie du connoisseur no.3 over the weekend, all such amazing cigars.. it just brings home how many countless good cigars are lost, and a thing of the past. Such a shame.

It was the most enjoyable cigar this year for me, 98/100 easy, just pure class, the thing which is sad is that nothing comes close to that cigar from Partagas now. Maybe a top box of Shorts with 15 year on? But the named Tres Petit Coronas have always been fantastic cigars regardless of marca, such a shame to see my last box dwindle down to four lonely sticks.

As usual ,when this happens ,words fail me .........apart from one TRAVESTY

Very distressing indeed. I've always had the QdO Imperiales on my wish list/radar so my decision to find some just got fast tracked.