Review: Partagas Seleccion Privada EL 2014

Rye

Thanks for sharing Rye! great review. Might have to step up of my norm and try one.

Def worth giving them a try, my friend. I know it's a long way out of your vitola comfort zone, but I'd love to hear your thoughts

Thanks for the accolades folks, but this was only my first of this release. While I will stay true to my first impressions, it seems a few of my trusted friends feel this one falls flat.

I wish they had the same example as I.

I will update in a month or so to see how the bedmate of this particular stick holds up.

• Like 1

Rye I've only had that floral/soapy taste on a few cigars. Usually I figured it was because of bad blending or in a sick period. It's not a pleasant taste as it's over powered the cigars making them unsmokable. You think this was the case on this one? Either way curious to how your other one smokes if it has any of the same characteristics.

Great review Rye. Partagas EL's always scare me. I find that they don't have the legs when it comes to aging. That last photo is great, can we get a full shot of the "leaf table" and maybe some background on it?

• Like 1

I thought the 2012 EL was great ROTT. How do these compare? Any similarities to any regular production Partagas?

I really liked the C3 as well, but this was nothing like it. More like the back half of a good Lusi only with more power right from the start.

They feel to me like their peak will be between 6mos - 2yrs. Not a ton of time needed

• Like 1

Thanks for the review!!

Unfortunately, my experience with this cigar was the opposite - I hated it.

Disclaimer: Partagas and I are mortal enemies :innocent: