Behike Rumour

There should be a good reason - at least in Habano S.A. mind - behind this change of plan. We just wait until the next reviews come out. I don't think they will jeopardize their flagship brand that easy!

Man... I was enthralled in this until I read Trini.. Now I just want a box of Reyes.. When things cool down here remind me I deserve to treat myself.

Yesterday I bought two boxes of Partagas D4s just a couple of hours BEFORE reading this thread. The boxes look very nice. I was happy to find them.

The Box Code is: MUO SEP 14

They rolled the D4s in El Laguito?

Instead of the Behikes?

huh.png

Can you post pictures? Or PM me?

What difference does it make in what building a cigar is rolled? Wouldn't the person rolling the cigars be far more important than his or her environment?

Factory code chasing has not made any difference to me in recent years. If anybody out there can tell the difference blindly, between a BHK rolled with a MUO code and one rolled with FOS code, they should be crowned the king of internet cigar forums and we should all send him/her one cigar out of every box to see what his or her thoughts are on it.

Everyone knows that certain factory codes absolutely guarantee 10x more flavor, no plugged cigars, no under filled cigars, sharp burning wrappers, and no under fermented tobacco. The vigilant QC of the factories makes selecting perfect boxes extremely easy.

• Like 4

A lot of money and resources have gone out to convince people that the unique and rare MT is special. If the cigars taste the same without the addition of the MT, it could certainly hurt the bottom line. I think a lot of people can justify paying the extra price for the idea of smoking something rare. They would have to change their marketing campaign that they have spent so much time developing. It will be interesting to see if the rumors are true and if the product changes due to the lack of MT.

What difference could it make? I still have to hear or read an educated review about the contribution of the medio tiempo in the Cohiba blend, and when one digs a little in old books, one realizes that this element, when available, has always been used as a ligero leaf, without special mention…

That's true, the only thing close to a special mention I've ever seen was from a post by Guy a few years ago.

If you scroll down to the second last picture in Guy's original post.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103968&hl=%2Bmedio+%2Btiempo#entry200205

you'll see a reference to 'Tweenies'.

'made from the little leaves which grow at the top of the tobacco plant, and which are too small for making large cigars.'

Even then it doesn't specify 'Medio Tiempo'. Also, that description might be talking about smaller wrapper leaves rather then filler.

Hard to believe they could suffer any more.

You would think there is a strategy to maintain quality of Behike. maybe it will spill over into Trinis. god knows Trini's could use an input of consistency/quality over the past few years.

I couldnt agree more with El Pres on this one

I can confirm that Habanos has indicated that they will not be delivering any BHK's inparticular the 56's till the end of Q1 2015.

That's quite the statement. And given your relatively low post count (no offense) that has to be taken with a grain of salt. Short of naming your source for the info. (If a Cuban, not a good thing to do on a public forum) can you elaborate more? peace.gif

That's true, the only thing close to a special mention I've ever seen was from a post by Guy a few years ago.

If you scroll down to the second last picture in Guy's original post.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103968&hl=%2Bmedio+%2Btiempo#entry200205

you'll see a reference to 'Tweenies'.

'made from the little leaves which grow at the top of the tobacco plant, and which are too small for making large cigars.'

Even then it doesn't specify 'Medio Tiempo'. Also, that description might be talking about smaller wrapper leaves rather then filler.

You guys need to start reading more up to date literature on the topic.

Best thread I have followed in a while a main reason I love this forum. Debating not just a brand or flavor profile, but the deeper details that I certainly could not learn elsewhere.

When Behike was launched a few years back, this was truly a cigar miracle, with its unique price point, box and story of its special leaf content etc. And at $30 a hit,I had to convince Matthew that this was worth it and we put the empty boxes on our coffee table like it was art. No kidding!

Now we know there are so many better alternatives for the money, and smoking a Behike seems like all flash for the cash.

bought a box of 52's while in Spain spring 2011. these cigars were spot on. smooth and creamy a delight to behold

in apperance also. light golden brown wrapper with a triple pigtailed cap! one of the best cigars I have come across.

recently(2014) bought a box of 52's and at best they (still have 5) are an average Joe smoke. nothing alluring

about them, harsh and overly strong. the magic has left this smoke. the difference between night and day.

won't be buying any of these anytime real soon.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys need to start reading more up to date literature on the topic.

Like what?

It's been in a number of Habanos and other publications over the past number of years. I have a few books at home that I remember reading up on it, when this first fad on MT leaf in BHK's came out.