Year to date movement by volume.

I went over the Year to Date sales numbers by cigar over the weekend and I thought it may be of interest to members. The numbers don't represent what is best but rather what people are buying here. There is a caveat obviously in that some popular cigars (Cohiba) have been thin on the ground in terms of supply and the numbers affected. Normally you would see Cohiba Siglo VI in the mix of the top 15 by volume.

The Top 15 Cigars by Volume of Sales 2015 year to date

1. Montecristo Number 4
  2. Montecristo Number 2
  3. Bolivar Petit Corona
  4. Partagas D 4
  5. Partagas Short
  6. Bolivar Belicoso Fino
  7. Bolivar Royal Corona
  8. Ramon Allones Specially Select
  9. Cohiba Robusto
  10. H. Upmann Magnum 46
  11. Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 2
  12. Por larranaga Petit Corona
  13. H. Upmann Half Corona
  14. Montecristo Petit Edmundo
  15. Partagas Lusitania

The top 5 movers (up) by volume of sales to Year to Date

1. Por Larranaga Encantos
  2. Romeo y Julieta Churchill
  3. H. Upmann Number 2
  4. Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion Number 4
  5. H. Upmann Magnum 50

The top 5 movers (down) by volume of sales Year to Date

1. Punch Punch
  2. Quai D'Orsay Corona
  3. Cohiba Siglo VI
  4. Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
  5. Saint Luis Rey Serie A
  • Like 1

without asking for specific figures, would any regional release or limited edition get anywhere near the top 15. or is it a case that they are much talked about but not so much purchased.

Cohiba Robusto Supremo LE and Bolivar Super Corona LE are big movers. They are in the 20-25 mark. Price is the inhibitor for serious volume cracking into the top 15

thanks for sharing Rob. Surprise for me seeing Bolivar Royal Corona in the top 10.

I'm not surprised by the Top 5 in volume, especially the first two. It's nice to see the Por Larranaga, Romeo y Julieta and H.Upmanns moving up in sales but I am surprised by the downward trend of Punch Punch and San Luis Rey Serie A.

I would imagine that supply for these marcas is not the reason for their downturn in sales like the Cohiba Siglo VI?

Monte4 is a solidly good stick and no surprise there. Is it still #1 seller around the world?

Monte4 is a solidly good stick and no surprise there. Is it still #1 seller around the world?

I know Cuban Cigar Website has stated that Habanos S.A do not release that sort of information but in 2006 they did, Montecristo No. 4 cigars accounting for 8% of all cigar sales.

I would guess that Montecristo No.4's and No.2's are still the highest selling cigars, but that would just be my opinion.

hmm haven't had a BRC in quite some time, sounds like I have been missing out!

Just to clarify, are these specific to what members here (on FOH) are buying, or what *****int/*****as site is buying or the whole "Czar Conglomerates" sales in general including distributed stuff to the places you distribute to?

Just to clarify, are these specific to what members here (on FOH) are buying, or what *****int/*****as site is buying or the whole "Czar Conglomerates" sales in general including distributed stuff to the places you distribute to?

Just my sales mate lol3.gif

FOH, Stores (online and B&M) combined "Year to Date"

I'm actually surprised to see the punch moving down. I think recent boxes have been excellent

That has more to do with the brilliant 2013 Punch Punch that moved in droves throughout 2014. The 2014 Punch Punch were/are excellent but many took their fill on the 2013's.