Classic Flavours Poll Results (collated)

This is excellent! Thank you for doing this :ok:

I'd planned on doing all the marcas, but there were fewer and fewer peeps responding to the polls. I'd certainly consider putting another up if there was sufficient interest.

Excellent guide. I know everybody's taste buds are different, but its nice to see the patterns that start to emerge when many people chime in. I'll go over and add my thoughts to the poll, maybe we can stoke interest in it a bit and complete these results. Thanks!

• Like 1

Wow, this is so great. Crowd sourcing cigar flavors! Combining enough opinions creates something valuable. I see that the sample size varies across marca, people probably opted in only on cigars they are pretty familiar with.

I think the profiles are spot on.

One of the best FOH posts I've seen since I came here 10 years ago. Well done sir!

• Like 1

Wow, this is so great. Crowd sourcing cigar flavors! Combining enough opinions creates something valuable. I see that the sample size varies across marca, people probably opted in only on cigars they are pretty familiar with.

I think the profiles are spot on.

One of the best FOH posts I've seen since I came here 10 years ago. Well done sir!

Thanks, Professor! I was hoping for more participants. We started out with about 40 or so for Bolivar, but by the sixth one, Cohiba, we only just had half that despite the polling period being longer. The polls are still open, so peeps should feel free to add their input. As I say, if there's enough interest, I'll revive the idea and do another Marca.

Thanks, Professor! I was hoping for more participants. We started out with about 40 or so for Bolivar, but by the sixth one, Cohiba, we only just had half that despite the polling period being longer. The polls are still open, so peeps should feel free to add their input. As I say, if there's enough interest, I'll revive the idea and do another Marca.

I must have missed the polls. I would have happily contributed. As it is, great work on the graphs!

A while back, JohnS suggested I collate all the results of the Classic Flavours Poll into one post for easy reference. So here it is.

Outstanding, ayepatz! I'm lost for words to express my (and our collective appreciation) for making the time out of your very hectic schedule to conduct these polls. Along with planetary's Top 2015 data, the reference information here is an invaluable guide to all our members in assisting them with their current cigar choices. spotlight.gifclap.gif2thumbs.gif

• Like 2

Outstanding, ayepatz! I'm lost for words to express my (and our collective appreciation) for making the time out of your very hectic schedule to conduct these polls. Along with planetary's Top 2015 data, the reference information here is an invaluable guide to all our members in assisting them with their current cigar choices. :spotlight::clap::2thumbs:

Thanks mate! You're welcome. :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Believe I responded to most if not all.

Would love to see RyJ, Partagas, Hoyo, Punch, Trinidad, ERDM!

Outstanding! I've been looking for this type of info and find it hard to come by; especially when the resulting profile's a compilation of more than one persons opinion. I too would love to see this exercise run against more marcas.

This is very interesting and it was great that you took the time to put it together. However, I think the findings should be taken with a big grain of salt. We all know that we read and have watched lots of reviews and over time and that particular signature traits and descriptors for each marca evolve from this. Part of our analysis certainly comes from our own experience, but at least as much comes from our expectations that frame what we are experiencing. One need not look very deeply in the “taste” literature to know how strongly expectations shape experience and our judgments. And we know there is typically much less agreement when the tasting is blind. Not to say this sort of thing isn’t informative, we just need to realize that there’s a bit of circularity to these sorts of aggregated opinions. 

16 minutes ago, Neuralpath said:

This is very interesting and it was great that you took the time to put it together. However, I think the findings should be taken with a big grain of salt. We all know that we read and have watched lots of reviews and over time and that particular signature traits and descriptors for each marca evolve from this. Part of our analysis certainly comes from our own experience, but at least as much comes from our expectations that frame what we are experiencing. One need not look very deeply in the “taste” literature to know how strongly expectations shape experience and our judgments. And we know there is typically much less agreement when the tasting is blind. Not to say this sort of thing isn’t informative, we just need to realize that there’s a bit of circularity to these sorts of aggregated opinions. 

Yeah man, I know. It was never meant as a scientific thing. More of a learning tool for myself to find out what others tasted regularly in certain blends.

This is awesome!  We should marry up the choices of the surveys wih that of CCW.  This survey has many more choices of flavors that better represent the choices on CCW.  

• 3 years later...