potpest

Members
  • Posts

    1,180
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by potpest

  1. Martini would be good also. Barrel aged chardonnay sounds very interesting. Will have to go and look for these.
  2. Must have missed this post. Which four pillars were they? Have you tried the olive leaf release, seems like it could be interesting for a negroni?
  3. Looks like the gran reserva got 90 points from Guia Penin so not bad. It's £27 a bottle. The cohiba "version" however; £120.
  4. Excellent, only had one in the singles draw but had me wondering why I often look past Cuaba. I've had younger examples but definitely better with a few years on them.
  5. '17 Distinguidos and some Fleury Blanc de Noirs fizz.
  6. It was fantastic; a real one off for me. My dad was gifted it a good while ago and I finally convinced him to open it.
  7. Around 80% of covid cases are mild, which means rest and paracetamol at home, yes I will discount those, the other 20% of serious cases are the issue here. Most Myocarditis cases cleared up in days with no lasting effects, it's not a dangerous heart condition, it's a rare mild side effect. The common cold can cause similar symptoms.
  8. Reported cases of myocarditis in the US were 1226 out of 177 Million Vaccinated, majority were mild symptoms which fully recovered and no one died. I wouldn't personally say that was ridiculous amounts and the symptoms weren't reported to be serious or life threatening.
  9. It seems bizarre to me to question who funds "science" and ignore the facts from a worldwide consensus of millions of different scientists with millions of different sources of funds, whilst quoting an article from the National Review and not question it's funding or motives. Just my opinion.
  10. Not sure where you did your research but science doesn't seem to back this: Lynda Coughlin, a virologist (twitter.com/Virusnerdette) and Assistant Professor in Microbiology at Mount Sinai Hospital (here) told Reuters: “The statement that "no virus harmful to humans has ever been proven to exist" is absolutely false. There are numerous examples of viruses which are known to cause disease in humans. In the same way we can trace DNA left at the scene of the crime, scientists can identify viruses which are the cause of human disease by isolating them from infected individuals, sequencing their genetic material to identify them, directly visualising them (by electron microscopy) and indirectly visualising their effects on cells, as well as confirming their ability to cause disease by testing isolated and characterised viruses in animal models”. This science is exactly how we are able to create appropriate vaccines. Further info here: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-harmful-viruses-idUSKBN23335V
  11. Given that no aborted foetus' were required in the making of these vaccines, is this argument really relevant? The cells exist and are lab grown and have been for 80 years, creating vaccines does not "murder babies", it's a strawman.
  12. Trying the new Roederer 242 with a '16 Lusi, both fantastic
  13. This sounds like a plan; cracking a bottle of champagne and lighting cigars at 1 am hasn't gone too well in the past.
  14. Picked up some if the Four Pillars negroni Gin and tried this recipe tonight, equal parts. Vermouth part was 50/50 punt e mes and Martini Rubino. Loved it, the spicy gin really brings out the bitterness of campari and botanicals in the vermouth.
  15. This sounds very interesting, would love to join but being UK based it would all depend on the time and day. As long as it's not in the middle of the night during the week It's a good time for champagne and a cigar.
  16. Picked up a few Argentinians, mainly Malbecs. Looking forward to trying the fortified.
  17. Purely anecdotal but last summer I had some Sir Winnies in a humidity bag from a shop in Switzerland I hadn't removed yet, had been there around 6 months. They felt a bit soft but I fancied one, tremendous smoke and perfect burn, out of curiosity I stuck a hygrometer in and discovered they were sitting at 81%. I took them out of there as was worried about mould but got me wondering. Would be an interesting one for a video, smoking at higher than normal humidity. I think Lawrence Davis who owns Sauters in London tends to keep his smokes around 80% and swears by it.
  18. Unfortunately not. I've not got a proper cellar, just a couple of wine fridges. Tend to pick up a few bottles each year to lay down and enjoy in the future. Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk
  19. One last bordeaux purchase for a while. That's what I told myself anyway. Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.