Returned from ten lovely days in Seychelles. A big thanks to @SokaKiel and @Aardwolf for the counsel about things to do out there. Wife and I had a blast.
Anse Georgette is my new favorite beach, absolutely incredible. Go early and it's yours for a few hours. Much less crowded than Source d'Argent (which was also windy this time of year.) Wish we spent a day or two less in La Digue and turned that into time at Anse Georgette, but otherwise La Digue is a really relaxed place to be. Mahe was alright.
But onto the cigars!
1.Gold and Souk Wakif. Thought the Embajador would totally blow my mind (I thought it was fantastic, even fresh, and the best days were ahead), but instead it was just a very good cigar. Bonus experience of great weather.
2. Estupendos. I know @photorob knows what's up, these are amazing! Bought a couple bottles at Duty Free, this Bowmore 15 is okay. I'm a peathead and this was a delicate change of pace I was not expecting. The fun citrus finish saves the bottle.
3. Lusiadas. It was enjoyable, but not memorable. Aberlour 12 is decent, but once you've had a good batch of A'bunadh, you can't go back.
4. Talisman (2017 box). Ugh, the humidity in Praslin killed my cigar smoking experience and this was one of the ones that took a big hit. Burn looked like a shipwreck. I had a nice time, but didn't see the greatness I had heard about. I also don't like cigars that are this expensive.
5. Monte 2 (2008 I think). Always a good time.
6. Forbidden Fruit. Another challenging day with humidity, I think this was the same Talisman day. Rare Opus are rarely worth secondary and this fell somewhere near that characterization. Good, but not worth the fat stacks people are buying this for.
7. Pacificos. The Padron of cigars. Consistently good. I think this was on Grand Anse. That was a great day, trekking from our Air BnB on the west side an hour to Grand Anse, then another hour to Petit Anse then Anse Cocos (which was beautiful and found respite from the wind.)
8. Invictos. Anse Severe. Fantastic cigar, really enjoyed. Would love to smoke more!
9. Cohiba Lancero (2012 box.) This was a very good day, evidenced that I was puffing on this at 8:30 AM.
10. Poderosos. Excellent. This was a late breakfast.
11. Fonseca No 4. After lunch. I really though about getting in a fourth, but we left the beach and went gallivanting elsewhere.
12. Gold Medal for breakfast, thanks @RawkStar. Beau Vallon was a nice beach and this was a great as I followed up this cigar with...
13. Eslavo. LOVE this cigar. On my wedding day I cracked a bottle of Laphroaig 18 and smoked this. I won't be sad when I finished the last of the fiver I have, as it's been a great time, every time.
14. Regalias (2011). Started raining, but thankfully took shade under a little umbrella. Smoked nicely.
It was a great holiday. Recommend Seychelles as a place to visit.