How about some Vodka

reg

Vodka in Russia and vodka outside of Russia have different names. It's done perfectly by the small local regional companies not global producers. Each vodka is characterised by quality of water which used for made and quality of grain. The best vodka in Russia do in Siberia. I wish nothing to tell you something insulting, but local vodka in Russia is better than analogues out of Russia :unsure:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of a vodka drinker myself and have never paired it with cigars, however when the opportunity presents itself I'll usually go for a Kettle One & cranberry. Although, I was recently recommended to try Chopin, a Polish potato vodka that is supposed to be incredibly smooth?!

Van Goch Espresso Vodka (with ice) pairs beautifully with a full cigar. Had a big glass with a VR Unicos and it was heaven. Also had it with a Pedermo Lot 23 Maduro (not quite drunk, but close to it) and really enjoyed the experience.

Van Goch Espresso Vodka (with ice) pairs beautifully with a full cigar. Had a big glass with a VR Unicos and it was heaven. Also had it with a Pedermo Lot 23 Maduro (not quite drunk, but close to it) and really enjoyed the experience.

Well, may be)

But vodka in Russia and vodka outside are truly different drinks, not only names)

I don't know if it used to drink pure vodka, or in cocktails only? In Russia bouth are popular) I prefer clear...

How is it in your side?

I prefer grain-based vodkas they seem to be smoother than others and prefer to drink them relatively unadulterated (dry martini or with tonic).

My favs have to be The Tall Blond, Youri Dolgoruki, Belvedere, and Kettle One in that order.

I shot of super premium vodka like Grey goose or Level with a nice cigar is always a nice combo, but thats the only pure vodka I can drink straight and say that its really tasty and good.

Tito's is not bad, but I wouldn't rate it among my favorites. My goto vodka is Hangar.

That plus Belvadare are my two choices.

• 3 weeks later...

im in college and im used to drinking **** vodka. if its mixed and freezing cold, Walmart brand (USD $9.99 for 1.5L) will get the job done. My brother-in-law and also my uncle are big fans of Ketel 1. Ive been turned onto it for a year or so. When i splurge on a bottle i will go with K1 Citroen. Throw that bad boy in the freezer and i can do shots of it all night... but hey im only 19 so what do i know?! getting back to cigars i have never tried one with vodka. it doesnt sound too appealing to me. especially drinking it straight. in my opinion it wouldent share too many flavor characteristics...

• 1 month later...
I find a black russian goes very nicely with most medium bodied cigars. I pour 2 shots vodka, 1 shot kahlua over ice into a latte glass and it normally sees me through a 45-60 minute smoke.

I don't drink much vodka, and certainly not straight vodka with cigars, but a Black Russian is a good accompaniment to a cigar. IMHO the best vodka (or wódka to give it its Polish name and spelling) can be found in Poland - and not necessarily the exported stuff - the home of wódka, where it originated.

• 2 months later...

For me it is always Russian Standard. I typically drink vodka on the rocks, or with soda... or neat. But Russian Standard is inexpensive enough that I don't feel bad using it as a mixer if need be.

I enjoy vodka and soda with cigars, I find it's not too overpowering or distracting from the taste of a cigar. While I'd also probably enjoy something with more flavour, sometimes it I find it detracts from the complexity of the cigar.

Plus all that soda water keeps you hydrated and helps you avoid a bad hangover the next day...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Although, I was recently recommended to try Chopin, a Polish potato vodka that is supposed to be incredibly smooth?!

I absolutely sign that, tried Chopin and enjoyed it,

as others have mentioned, Vodka was invented in Poland, they just know what they are doing.

And: those premium Vodkas are not meant to be mixed with coke, red bull, whatsoever -

just chill the bottle and enjoy pure.

I recommend Zyr. It is incredibly creamy and smooth. Its not available in most US states, but can be found online. Performed well in a vodka tasting i hosted for my birthday a few years ago. Smashes Ciroc, Goose, Ketel, Ultimat, Reyka, and others head to head. I take mine chilled or on the rocks with a twist of lemon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you drink? Not sure how vodka pairs with a cigar, but it surely won't overpower any flavors lol

Bought some tito's the other day and hoping to give it a try tonight. Every review I read just raves about it. Anyone ever have it?

Tito's is made right here in the great Kingdom of the Republic of Texas. I love it, I think it's great vodka!!!

I got hold of a bottle of Beluga vodka which is considered by some to be the best Russian vodka. It's not widely available in Australia (I couldn't find it anywhere when I was looking for it). I'm not an expert on vodka but the Beluga seems smoother and "fresher" compared to the 'Russian Standard' which I drank occasionally previously....haven't tried it with a cigar yet.

Apparently it's now available in Australia

BELUGA VODKA COMES DOWN UNDER

http://www.straightupaustralia.com/content/news/130_beluga_vodka_comes_down_under.html

A comparison at Cigar Inspector

Vodka Clash: Beluga (RUS) VS Grey Goose (FRA)

http://www.cigarinspector.com/wine/vodka-clash-beluga-rus-vs-grey-goose-fra