Cohiba Esplendido MEL JUN 08

El Presidente

sadly, the only native birds we have around here (Los Angeles area) are pigeons and crows.

Good review. Glad to see the 2008s are looking up. Like you, Prez, the last 4 or 5 of these I've had have been less than stellar.

Great review as usual - have generally stayed away from Linea Clasica Cohibas in favor of more recent releases - they just have a cloud of inconsistency hanging over them in my mind...is it time for more video reviews of the classics to see if there is a comeback underway?...

I'm doing this for you Ken...still have nightmares about the JLP experience

Btw - what are those Nashville sounds in the background at 1.10....always find a bit of pedal steel creates a conducive smoking atmosphere....

Excellent review for an excellent cigar. I'm with Ken on this one, never have had a bad experience with an Esplendido! I have rated many in the lower to mid 90s.

While I am not one that is big on box codes...I too happen to have a box of these with the same code in my OHS.

Must have read my mind. I was just thinking a couple days ago why there wasn't a video review of the king of kings. I too have an MEL SEP 08 box in the locker, just bought a couple days ago. To me, it is the quintessential cuban cigar, the most counterfeited cigar, and the envy of all churchills...sorry Sir Winston! :cigar:

Just checked the box code on the box I got from ClubCzar awhile ago. MEL May08. Sounds good.

Rob, as a matter of curiosity, would the box you pulled the reviewed cigars from be rated Standard, HW or Premium Select?

Just checked the box code on the box I got from ClubCzar awhile ago. MEL May08. Sounds good.

Rob, as a matter of curiosity, would the box you pulled the reviewed cigars from be rated Standard, HW or Premium Select?

HQ

Ken: What i used to describe that aaaahh old ladys handbag aroma....

Rob: yea, but you... you'd know. haha

Nice review!

len evans, who was one of the wine world's grea gurus, coined the phrase to describe a wine, usually a top burgundy, when there was a terrific mix of wonderful and often curious aromas. i find that just occasionally, you get a cigar that reminds me of that. that said, i have actually never smelt an old ladies' handbag.

Great review guys!!

I guess I´ll eventually have to try one of these "legendary" cigars... :cigar:

And Ken... Kudos to anyone recovering from surgery with a glass of Johnny Walker and a Cigar!!! :)