Three month sabbatical almost up

Next Thursday sees the end of my 3 month self imposed drink free sabbatical. It also happens to coincide with our flights out to Brazil to fish the Amazon for Peacock bass at Agua Boa lodge before heading off to Havana for the Festival. I miss Lisa's Birthday (Feb 20th guys...remember!) and it is with some regret that ken will not be joining us this year as recent surgery and an advancing list of ailments, including age, currently refrain him from taking any trips longer than the bathroom.

Still, Des Park, Greg Hutley, Mike Machin and myself will take on the arduous journey where we celebrate my birthday (Feb 12) and now the the annual "blokes only" valentine day away. I have to say from experience that valentines day with great friends, great food, great wine and great cigars is the ONLY way it should be spent :D

So I have been asked what was 3 months without drinking like? Well, being a moderate drinker ;) It was never really going to be a challenge. Actually I have surprised myself at how easy it really was. Excluding the trip to New Zealand with the family I have been eating better, exercising regularly and have managed to trim 7 kg ...now down to a small warehouse. Another 7 kg to go.

I have actually put in at work !LOL!

The big challenge will be Cuba now that I have a lifetime of free drinks at my favourite nightclub...the Gato Tuerto courtesy of a night

of debauchery and my newest best friend Elvis the legendary barman.

Will Hyde revert back to Jekyll? Will the Gato Teurto, Cubanita Surf Team, 5am finishes, Jose, Hamlet and Toby all conspire to trash the temple?

Strategies are in place. Execution a tad doubtful.

To be continued.

Excluding the trip to New Zealand with the family I have been eating better, exercising regularly and have managed to trim 7 kg ...

Bravo on losing those kgs!! ;)

Exercising regularly = taking old man Ken for daily walks to the duck pond... :D

You have done really well Rob ,but do the cigars taste better with or with out Alcohol

cheers OZ

7kg - quite an effort. Well done!

"Excercising regularly" - please elaborate.

You see Rob....when I first saw you and Colt complimenting each other on your pecs and biceps I was initially......well.... nauseated.

While I didn't want to turn onto the "roids" like you both have, I thought I would go some way. Inspired by you both I bought a water cooler and put it next to the dusty gym on the deck of my house. The hardest part was moving the weights my son does back onto the weights rack. Once that was achieved I took a glass of water from the cooler and waited to talk to someone....but quickly realized my dog Cohiba is a poor coversationalist. Eventually I got around to a 20 minute cardio weights session a day followed by 50 laps of my pool.....which is a daunting 12 metres long.

That and avoiding conversations with my wife is the extent of my exercise.

Well, being a moderate drinker :) It was never really going to be a challenge. Actually I have surprised myself at how easy it really was. Excluding the trip to New Zealand with the family I have been eating better, exercising regularly and have managed to trim 7 kg

Sounds great - have another soy latte......

Next Thursday sees the end of my 3 month self imposed drink free sabbatical. It also happens to coincide with our flights out to Brazil to fish the Amazon for Peacock bass at Agua Boa lodge before heading off to Havana for the Festival. I miss Lisa's Birthday (Feb 20th guys...remember!) and it is with some regret that ken will not be joining us this year as recent surgery and an advancing list of ailments, including age, currently refrain him from taking any trips longer than the bathroom.

Still, Des Park, Greg Hutley, Mike Machin and myself will take on the arduous journey where we celebrate my birthday (Feb 12) and now the the annual "blokes only" valentine day away. I have to say from experience that valentines day with great friends, great food, great wine and great cigars is the ONLY way it should be spent :)

So I have been asked what was 3 months without drinking like? Well, being a moderate drinker :) It was never really going to be a challenge. Actually I have surprised myself at how easy it really was. Excluding the trip to New Zealand with the family I have been eating better, exercising regularly and have managed to trim 7 kg ...now down to a small warehouse. Another 7 kg to go.

I have actually put in at work !LOL!

The big challenge will be Cuba now that I have a lifetime of free drinks at my favourite nightclub...the Gato Tuerto courtesy of a night

of debauchery and my newest best friend Elvis the legendary barman.

Will Hyde revert back to Jekyll? Will the Gato Teurto, Cubanita Surf Team, 5am finishes, Jose, Hamlet and Toby all conspire to trash the temple?

Strategies are in place. Execution a tad doubtful.

To be continued.

Sorry El Presidente - but you bastard!

Master of Lemon Lime and Soda or black Tea and Cigars.

I miss Zacappa and cigars.

Hey Prez! I'm also on a sabbatical at the moment (a wine-only sabbatical :) ). Also drinking tea with my cigars. After so much tea and cigars, I can't imagine drinking anything else with a cigar! Loving it! Keep up the good work!

It also happens to coincide with our flights out to Brazil to fish the Amazon for Peacock bass at Agua Boa lodge before heading off to Havana for the Festival.

Yeah, lifes a *****...have a great time..by the way i seem to remember mention of dancing lessons around these parts some time ago....Its all beginning to make sense....