Man vs Wild

MIKA27

MAN Vs WILD:

ManVsWild_Coll1_final.jpg

Anyone here seen the series Man vs Wild?

About Man vs Wild

Man vs Wild staring Bear Grylls is a series on the The Discovery Channel. The mountaineer/adventurist Bear Grylls and will demonstrate survival skills through conditions unimaginable to the average man. After serving in the British Army Special forces unit, Bear became the youngest British man to return back alive after climbimg Mount Ama Dablan and Mount Everst. Being no stranger to the wild, Bear will have his latest quest documented by the Discovery Channel. The premier of Man vs. Wild dealt with Bear Grylls facing the extreme heat of the Moab Desert in Utah. Man vs Wild brings a new meaning to extreme adventure as you will see after each survival succeeded.

man-vs-wild.jpg

It's also amazing to see some of the stuff Bear Grylls eats in order to survive, from snakes, dead carcases, eyeballs, larvae etc. Well worth a view as it does contain some practical survival techniques.

bear-grylls-man-vs-wild.jpg

If you haven't seen this and are interested in documentaries, especially on survival, take a look at the show.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/manvswild/manvswild.html

Never seen it...outside of sports and the news, maybe an occassional movie at home, I find myself watching less and less television. There just does not seem to be anything worthwhile on. I would much rather sit there and read an book or magazine, or even do some work on my laptop while the family watches TV. It is strange, but with hundreds of channels available...how can there be nothing decent, or worthwhile to watch. Now...I know I am in the minority here as most Americans are watching more and more TV, but I just don't get it. Reality TV? Give me a break...

Now...I know I am in the minority here as most Americans are watching more and more TV, but I just don't get it. Reality TV? Give me a break...

Mate, I am exactly like yourself and absolutely HATE reality TV BUT this show is the exception and I highly recommend you give it a go. This is one show that is worthwhile to watch. It is no different to a documentary. It's not watching some crap show like 'Survivor' or the like. :D

I like the episode where he is dropped off in the middle of the everglades and has to get out by himself with nothing... Some of the survival techniques are unbelievable, yet questionable for everyday people. Enjoyable series none the less :lol:

Survivorman is way better than Bear. Bear is entertaining, but not very practical. He puts himself in completely stupid situations that might get himself or someone else killed. Which, in my opinion isn't survival unless a person is looking to wipe themselves from the gene pool.

If any of you ever have the chance, watch Surviorman with Les Stroud (rerun only). This guy actually gets dropped off by himself, without a camera crew and does his own camera work to produce the show. Now, that's practical survival that I can respect.

Check out Bear Grylls in actions as he's out "Surviving".. Wooops..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-47...ed--hotels.html

Now, I dont intend to be a hater.. As I said, Bear is entertaining and I do watch the show. I've seen every one of them..

I'm with you Ether...

I respect Bear for doing things I couldn't or wouldn't do, like taking a leak in the skin of a rattlesnake and then drinking it. But they do admit that he is put into these situations intentionally and for me that's just not that interesting.

Survivorman on the other hand I find to be a good show. All alone in the wild for a week? That takes guts and skill. I remember one episode where this tribe of indigenous people came across him in the jungle, that could have been it and no one would have found him.

I enjoy watching this show. It's something refreshing and has some decent information.

As far as the TV versus reading debate goes, both can be good and both can be bad. It depends on the quality of the programs you watch and books you read. Junk in...junk out.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Guys a wimp compared to Survivorman. Bear goes in to set up situations with camera men, a shooting schedule, and a hotel room to sleep in at night while the Survivorman flies solo, lugs around cameras and shoots it himself and spends a week alone.

Guys a wimp compared to Survivorman. Bear goes in to set up situations with camera men, a shooting schedule, and a hotel room to sleep in at night while the Survivorman flies solo, lugs around cameras and shoots it himself and spends a week alone.

Not sure the guy is a wimp but he just like the show "Survivor" all the drama is faked. Tried to watch the show a couple times but changed channels.

Have seen most of the shows Mika, in fact got the dvd for my son at christmas, he loves it too.

What is it with kids an Man vs Wild!

My daughter loves watching it to see what horrid rotted carcass he digs into next for a meal! :D