Partagas Serie D #4

Erm310mce

Greetings, I'm going to take a stab at my first review....

post-5877-1266966396.jpg

I received this 10 count from Czar in late December.

The Serie D#4 has always been a favorite robusto of mine.

This box doesn't disappoint. Great construction, the wrapper is very smooth with nice oils. The aroma at cold is very fragrant with sweet tobacco and a slight woody smell.

post-5877-1266966415.jpg

I clipped the cap and the draw is a little open for me, would like a little more resistance but still not bad.

First light brings some nice pepper and a strong wood taste. The opening for me was just under medium in intensity.

As I got into the 1st 3rd the strenght has picked up to medium and the flavors are really starting to come out. Typical partagas flavors with a little bit of white pepper.

post-5877-1266966426.jpg

As I entered the 2nd 3rd I am starting to pick up some cinnamon and maybe a hint of clove, very pleasant flavors with the woody profile. I am really enjoying this robusto.

As I entered the final 3rd I was wishing there was more. The flavors and strength have picked up a little to just over medium. I think this is where this cigar really shines. More tobacco flavor and very pleasant spice.

I finished with a little burn on the fingers and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe the tough day at work made me appreciate my time with this robusto a little more. It totally relaxed me.

I'd rate it a solid 89 with hopes that the box will continue to improve.

Every time I finish a SD#4 I always think they are a great value, always solid and very enjoyable.

Cheers!

Cheers for the review, they are definitely one of the great cigars out there. A staple in most people humidors and one that rarely lets you down. If you are lucky, with a bit more age you will start seeing some dried fruits (dates, raisins, apricot) come through aswell.

Hope that mountain range of a burn didn't hinder anything :D

Cheers for the review, they are definitely one of the great cigars out there. A staple in most people humidors and one that rarely lets you down. If you are lucky, with a bit more age you will start seeing some dried fruits (dates, raisins, apricot) come through aswell.

Hope that mountain range of a burn didn't hinder anything ;)

LOL, yeah, the burn wasn't sharp :D It did settle in after that and become more even, not enough to hurt the taste.