What does your nickname mean?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thechenman: Well, my last name is "Chen." My nickname kicked in back in college when I was going through training in the Army ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps). I was the best rappeller in the batallion and at Air Assault School. Didn't matter what it was...a building, a mountain face, a cave, a helicopter. I particularly enjoyed Austrailian rappeling (one of my favorites). I just loved to freefall. As some of you know, the military is fond of using last names. Well, after I rappelled, my fellow cadets would congratulate me saying, "Great job chenman!" or say "Did you see the chenman?". After awhile the nickname stuck. Instead of being called "Chen" everyone called me "Chenman." Even to this day my army buddies, frat brothers and friends from that period in my life call me "Chenman." "Bazooka Joe" was sometimes used as well, but that is a story for another day...

You have to tell us the Bazooka Joe story! mine is simple, my last name.

I fugured that I was the user and my name was Mel so it was simple. I really did not know that most guys used cool nicknames on the these clubs and message boards. :D

I do not wish to offend a certain tree hugging whale kisser, so I'll just say mine has nothing to do with the malt liquor.

There are two rules to remember if you want to have a good time: Rule #1 - never run out of Colt 45. Rule #2 never forget rule number one. Colt 45, it works every time.

CIGARHead, well, because my head looks like a cigar of course.

I make pottery for a living. I have a studio and a gallery on Cape Cod in Massachusetts.

They guys I play cards with are a creative lot, a widely published journalist, Bobby the Scribe. A very good builder, Phill the Hammer. An illustrator who raises shellfish for income, Bobby Clams. A jewlery artist, Benny Stones. A painter, Vinny Brushes. A writer- director, The Director. And me, the ceramist, Joey Pots.

Compita/Compa means friend, Veggie is because im vegetarian.

When I met my wife 7 years ago everybody would call me Veggie. She wanted to call me something different from everybody so she called Compita Veggie. I used it as an email address and to sign on at all the different forums I have joined. My wife no longer calls me Compita Veggie, she calls me many different names throught the years, some nice, some not so much.

Jose

My nick mean - cigars! I like cigars and my nickname takes from spanish in plural - los cigarros. Very famous nickname in Russia! Ask any russians Do you know man from St.Petes - his nick cigaRRos? And listenings answers! )))

I do not wish to offend a certain tree hugging whale kisser, so I'll just say mine has nothing to do with the malt liquor.

What the hell are you taking about? I thought the name was for a large hand gun that was for killin ****.

Tree hugging whale kisser?????????? Sounds like a good mate that you are still trying to bed.

imark - because leaves a mark where ever I go!!!!!!

My names Michael but whenever I head off overseas and see family in Austria, they all call me MIKA. The 27 is the day my birthday falls on in April.

A great thread by the way, gives one an opportunity to learn something new about other FOH bretheren. :confused: