Top three films of your life.

I am quite a movie fanatic especially with this current blu-ray viewing. Not so much for the hollywood/ typical/ dramatic ones that all have the same plot. What I really enjoy is films that have great character and are usually rare among the others. Being an artist, I appreciate creativity and sometimes there is real gems in the world of movies.

I am curious what you consider the best;

what are your top 3?

Mine:

1. Leon, The Professional

2. La Jetee a Sans Soleil

3. Cashback

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough question!! I almost feel like mentioning the Godfather trilogy would be arbitrary...for me personally, love these three movies for various reasons:

1. Mean Streets. Scorese's first movie, first pairing with de Niro, very raw, gritty, and impressive.

2. La Haine. French movie (Haine=hate in English) about growing up in slums. Powerful film.

3. The Rock. Typical "blockbuster" film but have seen many times and love Cage/Connery together. Plus many quotable lines ("I'm only borrowing your Humvee", etc.)

Too difficult for me to narrow it down. I like many types of movies, a lot of older ones - I guess Casablanca would be king of it's era for me.

I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie's stuff - Lock Stock, ******, Rock n Rolla (Revolver not as much). The Boondock Saints, Tombstone - I thought Val

Kilmer killed it as Doc Holliday. I thought the Lord of The Rings trilogy was very well done - staying as true to the books as might be possible

when producing a movie. I'll take a well written story and good acting over special effects and force fed pablum any time, though I also enjoy

comedies and mindless entertainment when they don't pretend to be something they're not.

That's usually a tough question for me as I don't go to the movies much.

The one movie that most always comes mind, though, is Unforgiven.

I enjoyed the two Hellboy movies.

And one of my all time favorites, even though some say it is misogynistic, is A Boy And His Dog starring a very young Don Johnson.

Always enjoyed the Spaghetti Westerns with Eastwood. I like them all! Classics

Animal House...Belushi at his best!

Indiana Jones series.

That can cover it with me. Have not been to a movie in 7 years. When Hollywood finds Hugo Chavez to be the lord and savior of the free world...well thats a problem in my book.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High the best work of that Liberal Penn ass ever did!!!!

Godfather 1&2 just master piece's in film can never be reproduced their are classic's !!!

Anything Johnny Depp does he is a class act from the movies he does and in person very compassionate and generous to regular working people !! Not like most phony scum actors in Hollywood they are a handfull like Johnny but the are far and few...

Also i hate anything that fat slobb does michael moore that pig lies in the name of making money and the tree huggers follow the fool!!!

Fast Times at Ridgemont High the best work of that Liberal Penn ass ever did!!!!

Godfather 1&2 just master piece's in film can never be reproduced their are classic's !!!

Anything Johnny Depp does he is a class act from the movies he does and in person very compassionate and generous to regular working people !! Not like most phony scum actors in Hollywood they are a handfull like Johnny but the are far and few...

Also i hate anything that fat slobb does michael moore that pig lies in the name of making money and the tree huggers follow the fool!!!

:devil2: I second Godfather I & II. Also for me, The Hustler, Casablanca, Ben Hur (not in that order) to name a few. So many actually. Blade Runner is a favorite of mine. Like I said just too many.

I dont think I could name three.. so here's my seven that I could watch over and over and rarely get weary of them..

Wizard of Oz (Timeless)

The Matrix Pt.1

Forrest Gump

Secondhand Lions

The Green Mile

Serenity

The Princess Bride

Westerns: Wild Bunch, The Searchers and Magnificent Seven

Horror: Dawn of the Dead (original), The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby

Sci Fi: Planet of the Apes, 2001 Space Oddysey and The Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price)

I can't narrow it down to three (some of my fav's have already been mentioned Godfather I& II, Casablanca, Apocalypse Now, Good,Bad and Ugly,Wild Bunch,Wizard of Oz, The Searchers, SavingPrivate Ryan, Lord of The Rings Trilogy) funny that Gone with the Wind is not yet mentioned.

Here are three more I always go back to that haven't been mentioned..

The Seven Samurai (Kurosawa at his best)

North By Northwest (Hitchcock at his best)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Speilberg at the top of his game)

Only three? Tough!

Treasure of Sierra Madre

Apocylipse Now

Being John Malkovich

These must be it. The only movies I actually bought!

I would say list as many as you want but I guess some people do better with a restriction- others don't. No pressure Lol

Fast Times is a great one. Has a bit of everything. You should check out the movie Don Juan De Marco by Johnny Depp or the new Alice in Wonderland if your into that bizarre stuff. I saw it- it was very creative and colorful but maybe not Tim Burton's best. I would rate it 7.9/10.

Seems like this is a tough question among the replys I have seen. And it seems that the Godfather is popular. If interested in films with action, organized crimes, thrillers, or mysterious that I would recommend The Untouchables, City of God, The Game, Gomorrah (especially the new released blu-ray from the criterion collection), Downfall (the last days of the Third Reich), or even There Will be Blood. Hope for some to see these-