RIP Chuck Vaughan-LLoyd ...Tampa

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with immense sadness that I pass on the news that great friend to the forum, great friend to Lisa, Smithy and I, Chuck Vaughan- LLoyd (Tampa 1257) passed away suddenly today at 1pm. We are di

I hate to hear this news. Chuck was always one of those guys that shared his knowledge freely. He never minced words about who/what he supported. He's a great guy and will be truly missed.

Very sorry to hear...for my short time here, I always appreciated his input and character. RIP Tampa.

I will light up a Connie#3 in memory tomorrow eve...

What I find so interesting about this place is the knowledgable guys who post here. Tampa was one who I always loved when he would weigh in on a topic. So for me, FOH has lost one very interesting, knowledgable, opinionated voice. But for those of you who knew Chuck personally, I know you lost a good friend. Deepest sympathies to you. I wish I had had the chance to meet him, and I will really miss reading his posts. What stands out in my mind is the way he could be opinionated as hell, but always respectful even when he deeply disagreed with someone. May both of those traits of his continue to be a part of the atmosphere here.

It strikes me that Chuck would be indeed overwhelmed and humbled by the sincerity and the sheer numbers of posts here. He was truly a humble man.

The interment will be at 2pm on Tuesday at Forsythe Memorial Park in Winston Salem, NC. It will be a graveside ceremony only, complete with full mitary honors.

Many of you may not know that Chuck was a Cherokee Indian, a member of the Neet tribe. We will be making donations there in lieu of flowers.

Rest in peace, brother. Burn one tonight with all of us.

It says a lot about Chuck, this community, and Rob and his team, that tonight people all over the planet mourn this man's passing. Amazing, when you think about it.