Fans of Highland Park

rusty

never had any of this but good luck to him. wonder if the 21 is still around

I'm envious. I keep the 12 year old in my regular rotation, but have not tried the 15, 21, or 25. I usually can't justify spenting $100+ on a bottle of scotch. Once in a blue moon maybe.....

Highland Park is a solid whisky and nobody can go wrong with it. For a nice cuban cigar I would however recommend a Lagavulin or a Laphroaig. the Octomore 130 is nice as well and would be brilliant!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Highland Park is the northenmost distillery.

Why?

To be closer to their best customer: Santa!

Old Pulteney is the Northernmost distillery in Scotland :confused::D

This was interesting. The "How we taste whisky" or "How to taste whisky" video they have there is very good as well. A lot of the same principles come into play when tasting cigars.

Old Pulteney is the Northernmost distillery in Scotland :party::party:

Gotta disagree with you there. Pulteney is the northernmost distillery on the mainland. Highland Park is on the Orkney Islands (oddly enough on the island called Mainland). :peace:

Gotta disagree with you there. Pulteney is the northernmost distillery on the mainland. Highland Park is on the Orkney Islands (oddly enough on the island called Mainland). :peace:

I stand corrected! Interesting, since Pulteney makes such a big deal about their northerly location.

I stand corrected! Interesting, since Pulteney makes such a big deal about their northerly location.

Maybe mainland Scots don't the Orkneys are part of Scotland considering they were under Norwegian rule at one time? Kinda like the Shetlands.

• 1 month later...

Gerry Tosh is awesome! His approach to educating and promoting his brand is refreshing compared to others who still take a highbrow approach. There's no wonder he's such a highly regarded brand ambassador. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting this. I've really been enjoying going through their library of videos on Youtube (something like 50 of them!). They're well done and super interesting. Gerry is a great salesman! I'm definitely going to pick some HP up.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Always loved Highland Park,

great quality, complexity and ballance.

Love the reviews, too!

Nice thread revival :D

Whoever wrote that comment about Octomore should have his taste buds examined though - 140ppm of peat! Just suck on a piece of charcoal for the same effect. $140 for a 5 year-old single malt saved ;)

I kid, I kid!