So you want to be a Bullfighter...

as gruesome as it is, that is an awesome photo. we had a big thread on bullfighting a while back (must be time to revive that as rob takes away every other bit of controversy). i well remember having a hoot at a bullfighting afternoon in barcelona. at one stage, it was bulls leading two to one. one of the blokes was still in intensive care 6 days later. it reminds me of a combination of ballet and state of origin. i also learnt that cheering for the bulls was considered poor form. but you sit in the afternoon sun and they bring beers and you can enjoy a cigar and have a great time. we also had one bull refuse to fight (bringing great shame on the breeder) - they bring in half a dozen oxen which trot around and then leave and usually the bull leaves with them (all very not wanting to fight but you still have a large grumpy bull in the ring you have to get out somehow). this happened but to shame the bull even more, one of the ox stayed in the ring and wantd to fight. the locals told me they'd never seen that before.

and yes, hope the bloke is recovering well but remember that no one made him go in and he was trying to kill the bull and he gets well paid, so really, i'd be saving my sympathy for those more deserving (if indeed, sympathy is a finite quality).

checked the courier mail and there is actually a video of it - a reuters report. happens so quickly that even more amazing to get that photo. went through tongue, jaw, palate but not brain. he is stable and remained conscious. started to walk away - got up immediately - but they carried him off. it was his first fight of the day and he is apparently quite well known. they then showed the bull copping it from the next matador.

i rather think the right thing would have been to send it out to pasture.

checked the courier mail and there is actually a video of it - a reuters report. happens so quickly that even more amazing to get that photo. went through tongue, jaw, palate but not brain. he is stable and remained conscious. started to walk away - got up immediately - but they carried him off. it was his first fight of the day and he is apparently quite well known. they then showed the bull copping it from the next matador.

i rather think the right thing would have been to send it out to pasture.

Ken...can you post the link to the Reuters video?

I cannot imagine how he just got up a walked away?

That was a great photo.

Agreed ken...if the Bull gets a "TKO" then that should be leave pass for a life of luxury bonking other cows and talking to young bulls around the water trough about his day in the sun.

love the bullfights!